Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Heatsinks Available for Dual Mod (Laser/Flashlight) Shown Here...

jayrob

Below, is a link to my tutorial for this cool blu-ray laser / Flashlight mod shown here:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/blu-ray-laser-flashlight-combo-schweet-45385.html

* If you would like to follow that tutorial, I will make the custom heatsink needed (with set screw)...

* $23 dollars plus $3 dollars shipping.

* The link to where to buy the dual light, is in the tutorial thread linked above. :rolleyes:

Hope you like it!
:thanks:

Last edited:

jayrob

Yes, both can be on at the same time, but I don't think it would be a good thing to do that. (safety wise, as well as demand on the battery pack, although it would handle it)

You could easily put a laser in the flashlight end, but since the host is case positive, I think it would need to be a blu-ray, or a small green module. (if a small one can be fit)

A red would have to have the heatsink isolated from the host. That's my initial thoughts anyway... I haven't given it a lot of thought, because I really like the flashlight! It is very bright. :cool: (beam shots in the tutorial thread linked in the first post)

Wow Jay, you just keep blowing my mind LOL.

I need to buy a lathe.

Ha ha! I finally did a build that 'tickles your fancy' huh TJ! :)

Last edited:

jayrob

I've gotten 'pickier' these days with hosts...

There's pretty much no end to the different hosts that can be modified.

If you see me post a new build, you can be sure that it will be a nice one (IMO), otherwise I won't bother with it.

This one is something different... And I like it a lot! :)

Last edited:
Cool build! It would make me feel like I have a loaded barrel pointed at me when I used the flashlight though... reminds me of an old Get Smart episode :) (or was it 007?)
I've always wondered if there was another way to use the case pin. It's always inspiring to see your builds.

jayrob

:thanks:

Yes, you must be aware of the hazard potential of the laser, but as seen in the pictures, the tail has a deep inset where the heatsink sits. And the silicone tail cap/dust cover sits in there (over the AixiZ focus ring) very nicely!

DHC%2010.jpg

The clicky is nice too. I don't think it would be an easy thing to have an 'accidental shot fired' from the laser end...

Last edited:
Somehow jay you come up with stuff no one has ever thought about, and make it simple. Another awesome build, which has more uses now that it has a flashlight built in. Instead of carrying a laser and a flashlight, you can pack both in the same unit. Excellent work :beer:

jayrob

Thanks! Glad you like it... :)

It's definitely one to reach for when going out and about. And especially for camping will it be a great unit to have.

I've got a group of buddies that get together once a month or so at a friends, who has a great outdoor area where we always have a fire going by the domino table. We're always BBQ'n over there and sippin' tequila and beers. It's like camping! Needless to say, my flashlights and lasers are a must have on those occasions. And this one will be my 'go to - dual unit'...

Last edited:
I will let you know for sure, it seems easy enough, now if only my stuff (not just from you) will get here :)

jayrob

dmnelson90, I sent your 'Dual Mod' heatsinks today. (Wednesday)

Hope your builds go well!

jayrob

piker531, I'm sending your Dual modification heatsink and 405-G-1 glass lens to the specified shipping address today. (Wednesday)

Thanks!

jayrob

cbrown, just to let you know that I sent your heatsink for the Dual Flashlight/Laser combo today. (Tuesday)

Thanks!