Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Headed for 16k online

Raybo

Ok Raybo...

It has been only 7 hours or so since my last post in this thread, and I have received over 15,000 more views on my Youtube video in those 7 hours.

And on my LPF 12X phaser tutorial, over 2,100 more views in only 7 hours!

This is a low number compared to the activity that happened in the previous 24 hours. But it is still a huge increase in traffic to LPF...

Hope it keeps up! :)

P.S. That was over night. (U.S.) I'll check it in another 7 hours for an update in the numbers just one last time for you...

I'm sure the numbers are up JR but if you think about it, what do you think the demographics (i'm talking about age) would be for a Friday night? IMHO you have a bunch of YN's looking to make a high powered laser.

jayrob

Hmmm... well, if we get them to LPF, it won't take long for them to learn about the need to be safe right?

I'll bet they learn more about lasers and laser safety in less than 5 minutes here, than they knew in their whole life...

I have some warnings about eye protection and cautions in my thread. But when they start asking questions, we as a collective community need to set them right in the area of safety right?

I think it is still a good thing to draw new attention to LPF... and I'm sure there are more than just young people looking at all of those 'tech sites'...

Last edited:

Raybo

Hmmm... well, if we get them to LPF, it won't take long for them to learn about the need to be safe right?

I'll bet they learn more about lasers and laser safety in less than 5 minutes here, than the knew in their whole life...

I have some warnings about eye protection and cautions in my thread. But when they start asking questions, we as a collective community need to set them right in the area of safety right?

I think it is still a good thing to draw new attention to LPF... and I'm sure there are more than just young people looking at all of those 'tech sites'...

Please don't take my post as any kind of pesonal attack on you, but it is something to think about. All you need is just one knucklehead and......

daguin

I'm sure the numbers are up JR but if you think about it, what do you think the demographics (i'm talking about age) would be for a Friday night? IMHO you have a bunch of YN's looking to make a high powered laser.

This is what we have online MOST of the time.

Peace,
dave

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
i have analyzed traffic sources and jayrobs video basically quadrupled traffic yesterday. yesterday the site had like 4x more unique visitors than it ever did just b/c the post

i am 100% sure it was him that caused it

jayrob

That's awesome Avery!

I'm sure some of your revenue is based on traffic and hit counts, so hopefully it just adds to keeping LPF going...

It just means we have to patiently direct the new ones in the right direction to learn what they need to learn. But getting them to LPF is the first thing right? :)

LPF is the best... hands down...

Here's what the traffic has been like for the past 15 hours: (no where near what it was like yesterday though)

Youtube video views: (roughly)
* Last night (midnight) - 50,000
* 7 am this morning - 65,000
* 3 pm - 81,000

LPF traffic to my 12X Blu-ray Phaser tutorial: (roughly)
* Last night (midnight) - 19,000
* 7 am this morning - 22,100
* 3 pm - 25,600

Last edited:

Raybo

Sorry guys, I guess i'm just being a little painoid. :undecided:

Holy --- awesome! I hope they will publish my RGV build when it's done
600px-Awesome_hurr_hurr.png

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
the video keeps bringing it a huge amount of hits lol, unreal

8x traffic increase as of now lol

jayrob

the video keeps bringing it a huge amount of hits lol, unreal

8x traffic increase as of now lol

I think what happened is that all of these tech sites and blogs picked up on it because it is hot, and that is how they generate more traffic to their sites for add revenue. By posting 'hot' articles.

So now with 153+ sites picking it up and linking back to LPF (because that's what my video says in the comments - 'see my tutorial'), it is like an explosion!

Don't know how long it will keep going, but it is amazing to see something go crazy like this... :cool:

OMG this is so awesome! Good job Jay! Your work for this forum never stops! Hopefully your tutorial brings in more members that are serious about learning and helping this community.

+1 rep for you endless help to the forum!

Thank you! -Adrian

haha... I can't rep you yet.. but I will keep trying... Good idea!! I was going to update that soon... I have a much bigger showcase this time! It will be added to that thread!

All the best! -Adrian