Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anyone tried this? LASER CANNON!!!!!

Hello, I've been itching to know if anyone has ever tried this (keep in mind that this is just a rough idea) :

Take a plastic tube about 3 feet long and 4-6 inches in diameter.
Fill the openeing at one end with a ton of 100 mW lasers (using individual aixiz laser modules so the space will be filled).
Rewire the lasers to one switch.
Make the switch "pressable" from the outside (duh).

End result: a laser cannon with about 20 or so lasers that can be fired at once that would burn stuff and look awesome... although extremely dangerous. Perhaps each laser could also be a different color.

My concerns:
-overheating
-TOO MANY LASERS
-too dangerous
-battery power?
-maybe this is stupid and not nearly as feasible as I thought (probably the case)
-EXPENSIVE

Last edited:

dsc03479.jpg

dsc03475-1.jpg

dsc03481.jpg

This?

kinda... only more portable and with different colors.

But yes, that is the general idea.

@udanis: what I meant by "dangerous" is the fact that you are now controlling more than one laser and there's more of a chance one of them could reflect off of something and hit you in the eye... but I guess that's why you're supposed to wear goggles

Last edited:
kinda... only more portable and with different colors.

But yes, that is the general idea.
What is your definition of portable, :thinking: are you talking about a ghostbuster suit and a battery backpack and a huge canon to be held by both hands?

"Portable" have very wide personal interpretation, especially over here.

Thanks
-Greg

oic0

IMO laser cannon = that handheld CO2 someone made.

Benm

Yup, that :D

Just get the entire A140 laser unit and hook it up to portable power. It won't be a cannon, but you're likely to have the brightest flashlight on the block, especially when you count it in candela's :D

Can't help but love pictures of the whole array.
What will we do when casio discontinues them? Has there any been news of other such projectors (with a decent number of 445s) that I missed?

HMike's CO2 weapon fits the bill for a cannon nicely. Added bonus of not having to worry much about reflections.

Last edited:
What will we do when casio discontinues them? Has there any been news of other such projectors (with a decent number of 445s) that I missed?

Casio is coming out with 2 new, higher output projectors. So I would not worry about discontued 445nm laser projectors.

Benm

And i suppose the technology is here to stay in any case - green diodes are to be developed anytime soon, making all-laser projectors feasible for the commercial market.

Couple of months ago, I was bored and made a Laser Potato Cannon. A match slid in the bottom, and the laser was aligned to hit the match from a seperate chamber.

I scratched this though, as the clear pipe I used was not rated to good for high pressure. Fun at the time but, and looked awesome to see the laser, then combustion.

In a way, it was a Laser Cannon, lol well assisted anyway.

I would not recommended making one but.

Cheers
Dave

Yeah... clear acrylic tubing tends to make sharp fragments when it explodes. :p

And it's nothing you couldn't accomplish with ABS or PVC and a BBQ grill pizeo ignitor much more safely.