Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

has anyone heard of "Will it Blend?"

HIMNL9

Spam reported :p

BTW, keeping it ontopic, have you seen the blendtec episodes made in collaboration with TimeWarp team ?

Super slow-motions of some "blended" items are really good to see, imho .....

Just as example .....

Look around the end, how the gas explosion developes when they blend lighters ..... :p :D

^ Good catch. I reported him too.

Even some items could not escape with kinetic energy alone. Even when they are round gum drops.

Last edited:
I think that might be the same guy I reported a while back, did the same crap!

These latest cases of spam do not originate directly from any person at a keyboard typing something. They are forum centered spambots designed to go around and fleece products indiscriminately.
Best way to overcome them is to employ effective CAPTCHA technology. The best example of this sort of technology is during the registration process to have the form include a question that would be easy for any human to respond to but that would stump generic spambot software (ie: What color is a 532 nm laser?).

-Scott

In the example you showed me I didn't see any evidence of a coherent response.

:lasergun:HAHA

Is not an active response.

I still say this is likely a spambot although I will admit that there are spam campaigns that are conducted by humans. Usually these originate from IP addresses in places like the Philippines, India, China and other economically challenged but still connected areas of the world.

-Scott

HIMNL9

In the example you showed me I didn't see any evidence of a coherent response .....
Is not an active response .....

Well, this is not totally right ..... he posted a laser smile, and a laser is a coherent light source, and also discretely active, after all :whistle: .....

(just kidding ..... sorry, i simply can't resist, sometimes :p :D)

Last edited:
Definitely a spambot. This is all of the recent activity emanating from the IP address used to post the spam:

Stop Forum Spam - IP Check - 61.153.71.75

Notice how all of the usernames and email addresses are essentially nonsense? That's because they're computer generated on the fly per spamming session.

I guess the spambot software developers are building some limited AI into their programs to try to overcome active forum members outright identifying the nonsense their software spews out as being of non-human origin.

-Scott

He posted 3 spam messages, then I after I commented on one, he answered with HAHA, and posted a forum smiliey from this forum. Thats not a bot. A bot wouldnt post a comment after the spam was posted. Also it cannot make a decision to open the forum smiley page, and pull a smiley that fit the situation.

I said I hate spam. He laughed, and shot a laser at me. A bot would not have done that.

Recognizing Spam Bot with Artificial Inteligence on Msn

WWW.: Spam Bots are developing artificial intelligence!

Spammers Advance AI Technology to Trick CAPTCHA: Artificial Intelligence Applications to Interpret Distorted Images

phpBB • View topic - Auto-Spam Bot with AI??

You get the idea.

Sadly folks are going to be falling more and more for Artificial Intelligence based spambots because the market for spambot technology is going to afford good AI.

But I suggest we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

-Scott

He posted 3 spam messages, then I after I commented on one, he answered with HAHA, and posted a forum smiliey from this forum. Thats not a bot. A bot wouldnt post a comment after the spam was posted. Also it cannot make a decision to open the forum smiley page, and pull a smiley that fit the situation.

I said I hate spam. He laughed, and shot a laser at me. A bot would not have done that.

You don't have to use the smiley window to pick them. Most of them are standard emoticons that vbulletin parses posts for
Code:
:D and :p
for example.

Here they are typed the same without clicking on a single smiley. :D and :p

This is true, but whats the chance it pulls the laser icon, on a laser website? I think it was person cutting, and pasting spam.

I read those sites posted, and the IA bots all eventually post the spam after the chat. This one posted 3 pieces of spam, then stopped, then after 10 minutes posted a laugh, and laser smiley.

I guess we do agree to disagree.