Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Has anybody built a heatsink for this host?

Here's the host:

Sky Ray G6

Manafont.com | $21.2 Sky Ray G6 Cree R5 5-Mode Stainless Steel LED Flashlight (1*18650)

Found an image:

Sky_Ray_G6_Cree_T6_5_Mode.jpg

I think it's pretty good lookin' but haven't found anybody mentioning it around here. I think it would be a sweet laser host. I don't have the equipment or expertise to attempt this but I think somebody should look into it. :)

I am ordering one of these from Manafont right now.

Last edited:

I'll surely talk with him about it.

Do you not agree that it is one sweet looking host?

Last edited:
I do think it looks awesome I am not sure what color would lok good in it. If I were to use that host in my next build which will be in like a half a year I would probably make a 12x violet laser or I would just put in like a 50-100mw green laser module.

That would be a beautiful host! Simple and streamlined. 405 would be great coming out of that baby, but any color would be fine.

rhd

I have :)

I've taken to calling it the "Ribbed Silver Senior"

It fits SH-032 and TR-801 heatsinks perfectly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpg
    IMG_5123.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 927
Last edited:

madog

Why am I not surprised?
Between you, DTR, and wannaburn, we have been seeing some good ole homecookin' recently.
Keep up the good work!
I have :)

I've taken to calling it the "Ribbed Silver Senior"

It fits SH-032 and TR-801 heatsinks perfectly.

attachment.php

I got this host in the mail from Manafont today. It's very good quality. Minimalistic footprint for fitting an 18650. Much more attractive than the SH-032 IMO. It also tailstands great because the button does not protrude slightly like my SH-032 does.

Mine came with (I think) a Cree XP-G, so it's quite a nice flashlight (though it could be better without the flashy modes)...

What's interesting is it does not have a screw off tailcap. The clicky is mounted on a pill which screws into the back of the "body" piece.

The primary o-ring seems to fit pretty snug. I think with a bit of lubing and making sure everything's tight, it will be very waterproof.

Edit: I am pretty sure that this particular unit I got does not have any memory. So you will always need to deal with the blinky modes. This is obviously a flashlight dealbreaker so I imagine I'll swap my sh-032 build into this host. Will post back with results and pictures.

Last edited: