Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

harddrive

rkcstr

I'm no nuclear physicist, but...

Sure, they give instructions for extracting the uranium from the ore, so bingo! pure uranium

BUT!  My understanding is that for fission-grade (or weapons-grade) uranium, you need enrichment because they use U-235 which is only about 0.7% of naturally occuring uranium (which is mostly U-238).  So, even if you extracted the little bit of pure uranium from the ore, 99% of it would be entirely useless to terrorists... so they might get a few micrograms of 238, but only after some very DIFFICULT and EXPENSIVE enrichment.  They may as well just pay some Russians for the premade stuff  :p

Switch

And, if you're skilled, by the time someone is found to be dead all the radioactive substance would of decayed, meaning you've poisoned someone and left practically no trace
Everything leaves a trace ::) If they look hard enough, the dead body will tell them ;D

daguin

Switch said:
Everything leaves a trace ::) If they look hard enough, the dead body will tell them ;D

^^^^^^ Watches too much CSI: Miami

Peace,
dave

Scog

A small child recently lost his hand when his father left two # 31 supermagnets unattended. The child picked one up and when he approached the other magnet on a nearby table,
it became airborne and obliterated his small hand.

wow

Switch said:
And, if you're skilled, by the time someone is found to be dead all the radioactive substance would of decayed, meaning you've poisoned someone and left practically no trace

Hey, that's why I said practically no trace ;)

If you look hard enough, you'll always find something ;)

Switch

daguin said:
[quote author=Switch link=1209769142/15#18 date=1210380513]Everything leaves a trace ::) If they look hard enough, the dead body will tell them ;D

^^^^^^ Watches too much CSI:  Miami

Peace,
dave[/quote]
And CSI: NY ;D

But yeah, I think they'll be able to tell that he died of radioactive stuff even if the stuff isn't active anymore.Mutations in the DNA, something.... :-/ I mean, when something kills you, it changes something in your body so it doesn't work anymore :p

Ha I play with hard drive magnets and my lasers all day long :) have tons of HD magnets too and also some pyrolytic graphite, Look it up fun stuff levitation.... :)

Switch said:
I mean, when something kills you, it changes something in your body so it doesn't work anymore :p

Killing people is one thing we've being doing for many thousands of years!

SURELY we've invented a way to do it where it is totally untraceable though?

Switch

I can seriously not imagine that.If the whole body would be intact, with absolutely no trace of anything, then it would be alive :-/ At least that's the way I'm imagining it.