Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Handheld Engraving

Qju

Hi,

i am reading this forum since a few weeks and got a whole bunch of tipps from you. This forum is so complete, that it wasn't nessecessary to ask a single question :D So: Thank you all!

By this day i updated my engraving Laser with a S-2 Lense Assembly and it's working like a charme!

The Osram PL TB450 Diode is not the best choice for engraving because ist rectangular output (like all blue lasers), but it's cheap and was already in my drawer. With this awsome lense engraving is like drawing with a rectengular pen.

It's a lot of fun to engrave pieces of wood by hand. Here is a video of the test run:

Kind regards
Qju

Last edited:

IsaacT

Nice engraving skills! I would pay attention to your duty cycle though, I was worried it was going to die from overheating.

Those are some really nice engraving skills. Definitely watch that duty cycle. My PLTB450 get warm pretty quick.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice engraving job! Like brendon says, I'd definitely watch out for smoke and contamination on the lens when working that closely.

Using a fan would help with the smoke, and probably wouldn't hurt the duty cycle either!

I also had my eye on the runtime during that video, it sure seemed longer than it actually was.

IsaacT

It appeared to be sped up so my guess is it took closer to 3 minutes for him to do this engraving. Could be wrong though.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Even more risky then! Heck, I just thought he was real quick.

upaa27

Watch the duty cycle! Really nice job on engraving though! I wish I could engrave like that :(