Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GUIDE: Which company should I buy from?

you could say "Under Investigation" for XPL. I am trying to decide if I want a laser from them, I also want to see the new host and maybe a review before purchasing anything though.

Last edited:

Sta

I have added Lazerer to the list and added shipping times for most of the companies.
It seems that we should wait on XPL, as they are still mysterious. Too few people have purchased their products and we are still waiting on their new hosts.
Please inform me of any reviews, corrections, or other stuff you'd like me to add. :beer:

It'd be nice if we could at some point mention some reputable eb@y sellers too. I know it's hard to keep track of stuff like that, as there are a lot of fly-by-night type sellers on there. But there are a few know sellers who honestly list what they have, albeit mostly for components and batteries. But we do get a lot of "what type of battery/where to buy batteries" questions.

I never thought of the batteries but that is a very good idea. For those we could probably just mention one site that is good, and not very expensive. We need a general disclaimer about sites like ebay and DX, but also list some known good sellers.

Another thing. I was just browsing the web for lasers and found this site http://bitlasers.com/opencart/ I have never seena thread about this company. They sell flashlight host lasers, and they have very low prices. They claim to have an 800mw 520 for only $300. Has anyone bought from them? I am very curious about this company.

Last edited:

GSS

Thanks for putting this together - Maybe add O-like on there as trusted, they haven't outright scammed anyone and their prices/products are reasonable - maybe have a sort of "OK Companies" section that's in orange. They aren't bad but if you're looking for quality/speed they shouldn't be your first choice. I'm sure there are others we can put in that category too.

Edit: Ooooh - Almost forgot about Optotronics too - Also guess we could throw CNI on there? Up to you - no one really deals with them (CNI) directly anyway...
Yup like Diachi said "Optotronics" in the good company's. Amazing customer service and 2 day shipping in the US. Jack the owner will even talk to you on the phone.
High priced but you get what you pay for.
They do have a limited selection but I believe they will do custom builds.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you Sta for following up on this. I'm glad that we finally have a thread that people can go to and check up before they buy.
Curtis

Sta

Thank you everyone, I will be adding Optotronics later today. :beer:

Thank you for adding LaserGlow to the bad list! Apart from their 532 <5mW pointers everything else is ridiculous, same goes for their "customer service"......

:)
-Alex

Sta

I've added BitLasers and Optotronics to my list. I need a few reviews for those (and others without reviews), has anyone got any?
:beer:

Last edited:

Razako

http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/optotronics-rpl-450-review-51656.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/optotronics-rpl-425-review-best-portable-yet-45327.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/optotronics-rpl-260-review-53252.html

These are all pretty old, but I don't imagine much has changed. Seems like the output on my own RPL has gone underspec over the years, but considering it's 8 years old that's not too upsetting.

Don't know of any bitlasers reviews. They seem to be selling the typical DIY flashlight build lasers at a reasonable price. That's all I really know of them.

Last edited:
So, are you looking to make the OP a full on directory of lasers and parts manufacturers, or just a simple do/don't buy list of strictly laser pointer companies? Because if it's the former, then there's a whole swath of different companies that produce everything from batteries to LBO that could be added.

It would certainly be a lot of work, but I'm sure there are members here who would be willing to help (myself included).

Also, inb4 page 3