Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guide: Where to buy 18650 & 26650 Li-Ion batteries

This same question seems to pop up once in a while,
so I added a sticky for: Where to buy 18650 & 26650 Li-Ion batteries

Also if guys in "Down under" could tip us of best place in AUS to buy Li-Ions that would be great!

North America:
Liion Wholesale Batteries
Phoenixville, PA

IMR Batteries
Houston, Tx

Illumination Supply
San Jose, Ca

Mountain Electronics
Salt Lake City, Utah

18650 Battery Store
Atlanta, GA 30080

EU:
AkkuTeile.de
Nilkheim, Aschaffenburg, Germany

Battery Charger tests & reviews:
Comprehensive tests of various battery charges @
Lygate-info >>

Battery tests by type:
16340, 16350, CR2 etc >>
18650 Battery tests >>
26650 Battery tests >>
CR123A and rechargeable substitutes >>

Last edited:

Great idea posting all the companies in one place. I looked over the prices of the other sellers and I think I will stick with www.liionwholesale.com. I bought five 18650s recently and paid $30.00 for all including shipping. Two are 3500 mAh LGs that will supply 10 amps each and I bought two so I could use them as a matched pair.

Tjfrost

Great idea posting all the companies in one place. I looked over the prices of the other sellers and I think I will stick with www.liionwholesale.com. I bought five 18650s recently and paid $30.00 for all including shipping. Two are 3500 mAh LGs that will supply 10 amps each and I bought two so I could use them as a matched pair.
Hey Paul I'm looking to buy those same 18650 LG 3500 how did they work out for you? I'm wondering since there unprotected if I should be cautious on the type of charger can you link me a charger that works safe with those I'm trying to research if the striker series from samwu can fit both protected and unprotected any tips will be mutch appreciated thanks...

Also this cell is not in the charts above but I'm interested do you think it's good? The Price is no problem for me just want the best
Fenix Li-ion 26650 3.7V 4800 mAh
https://www.amazon.com/Fenix-Li-ion...9&sr=8-10&keywords=rechargeable+26650+battery

Last edited:
The best charger I have is the Opus BT-C3100. I believe you can get them at Liionwholesales. It has four charging ports that can charge any type of battery or do any other function while all the other ports are doing something else. You can check the internal resistance with it and also check the capacity. I have several Nitecore chargers too, but I use the Opus to the exclusion of all the others I have.

The 3500 mAh LGs I bought were protected. They are over 3500 mAh capacity each and were on closeout at the time, so they were very inexpensive. I always check on what they are selling that are being closed out because they are as good as any of their more expensive cells, only far cheaper.

Anthony P

Just purchased samsung 18650 batteries and nitecore D2 charger from "18650 Battery Store.com". I have no complaints. They were prompt and professional. Prices comparable to other sources. Also, Mouser electronics sells 18650 battery holders.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
That looks like a pretty good site, Anthony. I think I looked at their store a long time ago, but had forgotton all about them.
It looks like they have a large variety of quality batteries and chargers to choose from.

Hopefully when Arctic Dude sees your post, he can add "18650 battery store.com" to his list.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Last edited:
Their prices seem to be competitive. I reserve judgement about a battery seller until I have used them and tested their batteries.

GSS

Is this the norm for IMRBatteries?
Was looking to maby upgrade capacity on a prop a little more then a pair of 10440's. Just happened to find on their sight some Efest 13450's and Sanyo 14430's that were on sale for .97cents as I guess they are clearance for not selling to well at that size. I was going to pay the normal rate anyways.
Now they are perfect length wise as it's harder to mod the prop length wise than width which is much easier.
Long story short I ordered "4" 13450's to use for modding 2 props with 2 cells in each..After 13 day shipping at $8, 1 cell comes completely corroded and depleted and IMR want's me to send the 1 cell back in the big box they came in and have me pay again the shipping cost of $8 to send the "1" .97cent replacement even though I sent them pic's and the order label of the corroded and half wrapped and half bare cell.
So is this the norm and do they pay that much to ship like extra taxes, fee's for lithium battery's?? It's just 1 small cell, or do I learn by this mistake and always order a bunch of extra's anticipating a few bad cells.??;)
What pissed me off more was it's a big company and they only got back to me after 5 emails from me and don't even care:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've said this before and I will say it again. Liionwholesale.com tests every cell just before shipping them out, so this could never happen. I won't be ordering for IMRBatteries after hearing your story, Peter.

GSS

I saw a few google review's "not the one's on their sight":whistle: that complained about the exact same thing.. They even named the same rep that refused my claim, so maby he's the bad rep of the good guy bad guy thing:unsure:
The only thing is I could only find those Efest's 13450's at this IMR sight. I found recently at some ebay sight but they came in packs of 10 and other's came came with attached wires and some bunched like a laptop style pull.??

This wasn't a real project killer but could of been I guess. Yes bad lithium's seem somewhat the norm once in a while, but yeah it pissed me off with their attitude and non making right.. Just letting it be as there's alot worst rip offs than a battery..

Last edited:
Yeah if you just have to have an unusual size battery it limits your options. But, once burned, twice shy. I would not give them my business again if it were me. They sound very much like a shady dealer to me. If you buy from them again and get burned, that one is on you.

Snecho

Sorry to Necro, but I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be a good idea to buy 16340s or 18650s from Amazon or eBay? (Not trustfires, ultrafires..etc) Or if there's any difference? Liionwholesales does look like a good site though.