Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Guide to Harvesting the Lite On 12X Diode

Three wire cords always have a black, a white and a green wire, AFAIK, the green is always ground- I checked the resistance with my DMM just to be sure. The only prong left on my cord is the round ground.

The alligator clip on common wrist straps can come off the place you clipped it to.. My method eliminates that possibility.imo. I do my work on a esd pink mat and wear a blue rubber glove on the hand I hold the diodes in. We also rarely have any static in Texas due to the humidity.

DTR

Three wire cords always have a black, a white and a green wire, AFAIK, the green is always ground- I checked the resistance with my DMM just to be sure. The only prong left on my cord is the round ground.

The alligator clip on common wrist straps can come off the place you clipped it to.. My method eliminates that possibility.imo. I do my work on a esd pink mat and wear a blue rubber glove on the hand I hold the diodes in. We also rarely have any static in Texas due to the humidity.

Can you get some pictures of you setup?;)

I harvested one of these by filing away on opposite sides of the heatsink. By grabbing two neighboring corners i was able to bend them down and expose the side of the diode case. There is a small notch on the side between the heatsink and the diode case, so I inserted a small flat bladed screwdriver and it popped out nicely.

DTR

I harvested one of these by filing away on opposite sides of the heatsink. By grabbing two neighboring corners i was able to bend them down and expose the side of the diode case. There is a small notch on the side between the heatsink and the diode case, so I inserted a small flat bladed screwdriver and it popped out nicely.

Once the glue that holds them in has been broken they come out very easy which is what happens when you flex the case.:beer: