Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ground Screw

I've had him for years and years, just not something I felt I should spew to everybody I know :p he is very very tame, and would likely sit still even if I actually had glued it to his head! Though I never would of course.

Well damn, I love reptiles :p Basically how tame do they get? You can let him run around the room, will he ever bite you for disturbing him etc etc?

I know very little of their behaviour. And I'm speaking bearded dragons like your specifically, I'm pretty sure other lizards all have unique behavior patterns, right?

Well damn, I love reptiles :p Basically how tame do they get? You can let him run around the room, will he ever bite you for disturbing him etc etc?

I know very little of their behaviour. And I'm speaking bearded dragons like your specifically, I'm pretty sure other lizards all have unique behavior patterns, right?

Well bearded dragons in specific crave human attention and interaction. Mine rides around on my shoulder and goes outside to explore. He doesn't bite often, when he doesn't want to be messed with (Rare) he will puff up his beard and belly and hiss at you, it takes a lot to get them mad enough to bite you. Yes different ones will have different temperaments, however, I find that they are mostly shaped by how you treat and bring up your beardie. If you interact with them a lot from when they are babies it is expected and they love it, if you leave it in the cage and never interact with it they will be less friendly, only because it isn't "normal". Somethimes you can break this behavior when they have been abused, other times that isn't so.

lpmY8.jpg

Added one to my laserbee. I got lazy and just used tape.

You don't need a mechanical Ground Screw on your LaserBee...
It uses the new Wireless Ground Screws.....:whistle:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

gillza

Oh noes, can I use silicone adhesive? I ran out out of glue grounding all my electronics!!

Well bearded dragons in specific crave human attention and interaction. Mine rides around on my shoulder and goes outside to explore. He doesn't bite often, when he doesn't want to be messed with (Rare) he will puff up his beard and belly and hiss at you, it takes a lot to get them mad enough to bite you. Yes different ones will have different temperaments, however, I find that they are mostly shaped by how you treat and bring up your beardie. If you interact with them a lot from when they are babies it is expected and they love it, if you leave it in the cage and never interact with it they will be less friendly, only because it isn't "normal". Somethimes you can break this behavior when they have been abused, other times that isn't so.
happy-cuteness-overload.png

IsaacT

Oh my god spyro that first picture is my very first DIY laser....I will never forget that. Oh how I was ridiculed for my ground screw....It was pretty funny nonetheless. :crackup:

I never imagined I would see that picture here in this thread, where did you find it???

-Isaac

You guys do realize that those ground screws aren't actually doing anything?

A ground connection is a connection to the actual ground, not just a special kind of screw.

You need to mix in some dirt from a local ground source with the hot glue for it to work right.

Last edited:
You guys do realize that those ground screws aren't actually doing anything?

A ground connection is a connection to the actual ground, not just a special kind of screw.

You need to mix in some dirt from a local ground source with the hot glue for it to work right.

DAMN IT ALL!
tumblr_loxpbiTVOR1qzstls.gif

IMAG1091.jpg

IMAG1092.jpg

IMAG1093.jpg

IMAG1094.jpg

thanks for the new breakthrough in electricity. i am now upgrading everything i own :evil:

gillza

Well since brain is an electrochemical "device" I guess this guy did a pretty good job at grounding it

9998315482.jpg

ped

I have a beardie too, but seems how one has allready been posted, I decided to ground out my 9½ ft Retic Python :)

29favee.jpg

excuse the camera flash washout, I couldnt find my proper camera :/

Last edited:

ped

Double post to bump :)

Cant believe I forgot the hot-melt! , no wonder my grounding screws didn't work
Fail_Emoticon_by_Wolflover549.gif

I also like to throw people off by using a red wire for grounding :)

rqys7b.jpg

343gldf.jpg

^^Understandable DP, this thread was in serious need of a bump.. :crackup:

I'm surprised your turntable didn't explode, just cause you use red wire does NOT make it ok to ground to any kind of "+" FAIL

ped

Indeed.

The cat sliding tutorial also needs resur...rezurectin....resurerect....bringing back to life!

jimdt7

Guys i really need your help here, a few hours ago i finished my new thermonuclear bomb :D
Where should i put the ground screw in order for the bomb not to go off by mistake?

Jim

Last edited:

ped

Schematic?

You need to connect the detonator + to your mains "live" connection, then your ground screw to the - , that should be safe.