Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings!

Koodge

Howdy! My name is Koodge and I figured I'd join these forums and come see how it is here as I recently got more into laser pointers after buying a few to take apart as well as ordering some cheap ones!
I really have an interest in optics as a branch of science due to the phenomena it can cause and lasers tie into that for me!
Hope y'all have a nice day/night!

Hi Welcome.
You will find many topics here relating to the hobby. be safe .

Rich:)

Welcome to LPF
So you want to see how it is here.......well I would have to say.......it's not the hot spot that it used to be, but the light still shines on this useful resource.
Enjoy and please remember safety comes first when working with lasers.

Welcome to the Forum Koodge ...
Don't forget to get appropriate Laser Safety
Goggles/Glasses for those Lasers

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Koodge

Thank you all very much for the warm welcome! I come from Canada, I've studied LASER(s) for a while and I've more recently got interested in the mechanical engineering part of it and building lasers from basic parts, I'd really like to learn more about working with the drivers though as well as adding more functions to pointers such as getting a button lock to work on one of these rather than a key lock! I'm not the most savvy on that stuff but getting something to work like that eventually would be great!
I'm also really interested in the possibility of using different synthesized dopants or crystals such as the ones used in pulse lasers to screw around with diodes.
Overall I study a lot of different kinds of branches of science but I'd really like to learn more and interact with a great community who also knows what they're talking about that can teach me new things!

Welcome to the Forum Koodge ...
Don't forget to get appropriate Laser Safety
Goggles/Glasses for those Lasers

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Thank you! I already have some coming in but if anyone has any recommendations on a good pair I'd love to see some that I could think of purchasing considering the ones I ordered are probably rubbish.​