Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Italy

Hi guys,

I'm nearly 26 years old and it's been like 10 years that I'm really interested in your world, many years ago I bought my first laser from wicked laser but it was confiscated by customs :banned:

Because of this bad experience I lost my interest..

After reading much about lasers I made a choice and I ordered a 1w 520nm Spiker Series laser from Sanwu. I got few lasers in the past, some cheap ebay lasers 532nm 50\100 mw I believe, I didn't have a LPM.

Of course I bought some safety glasses, an eagle pair and a cheap LPM.

I hope I'll feel good here..

Just a simple question I got a laser from banggood 532nm the host looks like a machine gun (U'King ZQ-12L), I used it with my 18650 and it worked fine but when I tryed it with 2 16340 (the batteries in the case that I got from them) the laser died, I'm not sure if that is the reason.

Banggood will send me another laser, but I'll keep this host and I wonder if anyone got a tutorial to how disassemble this, because maybe I can use the host for another diode, I never did a laser from myself but maybe with a tutorial I can do it..

Thank you for reading :thanks:
Welcome to the Forum..

You know I'm going to ask...:whistle:
Which LPM did you get....:thinking:

BTW... a link to the exact laser you refer to
that died is always helpful.

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Last edited:

If you need a high quality LPM get it from lasersbee :pop:
You can press it out i did it, the 532nm cant use 2X 16340 its way to high, always use 1X18650,
Unless its a high power 532nm laser $,$$$ hehe

Last edited:
Welcome to the Forum..

You know I'm going to ask...:whistle:
Which LPM did you get....:thinking:

BTW... a link to the exact laser you refer to
that died is always helpful.

Enjoy your stay.

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

I got a pocket laser power meter from laserpointerstore.com

I never got a lpm before so I thought I should start with something cheap btw I saw a review and it works great..

Here’s the link:
https://m.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12L...ointer-Pen-Suit-p-1052088.html?rmmds=myorders

I bought the 5mw=500mw design but I highly doubt it will reach that power, I’ll do a test.

Greetings! I hope the replacement lasts a long time for you. Enjoy your time here, lots of great teachers to learn from.

Hey Jerry,

I got a pocket laser power meter from laserpointerstore.com

I never got a lpm before so I thought I should start with something cheap btw I saw a review and it works great..

Here’s the link:
https://m.banggood.com/UKing-ZQ-12L...ointer-Pen-Suit-p-1052088.html?rmmds=myorders

I bought the 5mw=500mw design but I highly doubt it will reach that power, I’ll do a test.
I guess you didn't see this review...:undecided:

https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-new-15w-lpm-lps-101715.html#post1502878

Jerry

A 4 watt laser is still quite a lot of power. I guess you are interested in burning things. That will get boring in time.

Radim

Welcome to LPF,

as mentioned it before, the large webshopping stores often do mistakes just because they tend to grow faster than they should. If they will satisfy customer at the end, it is Ok. Just use your common sense. And regarding batts - after long heavy duty use they are likely to be worn out. They increase their internal resistance and lower capacity due to irreversible changes in their working substrate layer. As consequence the laser where they are used in might be instabile or not working at all. This is common problem of cheap batts even new. With better quality batts you get better performance. Check capacity and amperage they can deliver. It is usually exchange - higher capacity or higher current. For low ohm vapes the high currents are needed as you know, so there might be batts of as high as 40 A current delivery rating (it is not real figure, maybe very short peak). Just imagine how 40 A looks like at 3.7 V - incredibly thick wires would be needed. Likely thicker than batt itself.

Nope I didn’t.. too late

I saw a review on YouTube and it seems pretty good for the price btw I’m not in plan to get anything above 4w right now..

If you stay under 4 watts with that LPM it
will give you an idea of power. It is better
than no LPM at all..;)

Jerry

UH OHH! looks like we now got 2 active Aliens on here now :)
welcome to the forum Hostile Alien :beer:

Welcome to LPF,

as mentioned it before, the large webshopping stores often do mistakes just because they tend to grow faster than they should. If they will satisfy customer at the end, it is Ok. Just use your common sense. And regarding batts - after long heavy duty use they are likely to be worn out. They increase their internal resistance and lower capacity due to irreversible changes in their working substrate layer. As consequence the laser where they are used in might be instabile or not working at all. This is common problem of cheap batts even new. With better quality batts you get better performance. Check capacity and amperage they can deliver. It is usually exchange - higher capacity or higher current. For low ohm vapes the high currents are needed as you know, so there might be batts of as high as 40 A current delivery rating (it is not real figure, maybe very short peak). Just imagine how 40 A looks like at 3.7 V - incredibly thick wires would be needed. Likely thicker than batt itself.

So a Sony vtc5 should have like 40A discharge, is that bad for the laser? What you recommend to use?

Thank you

The battery can only deliver the current needed by the driver, so a high capacity or discharge battery is never bad for your laser. I prefer protected cells unless the laser requires very high discharge rates. In that case, you need to be aware of the batteries voltage as if it gets too low, it cannot be recharged.