Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greetings from Australia, Land of Laser Restrictions

3. I'm only 17 and not rich, also I have few other hobbies for my wallet so I'm not looking to spend heaps on a laser hobby.
UMMMMMM young Skywalker,yes you will,,,,,YES, YOU, WILL
the laser addiction will grow strong inside you and be with you ALWAYS!

:lasergun:

Hey welcome to the forum.. I'm 17 as well and only a couple months ago I built my first blu-ray.. I also have a 50mW green laser... check my sig for the review.. hope you enjoy your new hobby.. btw I have an intell i7 920 overclocked at 3.2ghz.. I took it up to 4.2ghz but it was getting very hot ~70-80C so I dropped it straight down untill I get a better heatsink and fan unit (bloody heatsink I bought said "great for overclocked i7 processor") ohh well thats what you get for $30... I'm looking into a heatstack.. it has aluminum tubes and massive heat fins... just curious.. what "rig" are you running.. if you are interested I'll tell you mine..

any way hope you have fun here.. -Adrian

Hey welcome to the forum.. I'm 17 as well and only a couple months ago I built my first blu-ray.. I also have a 50mW green laser... check my sig for the review.. hope you enjoy your new hobby.. btw I have an intell i7 920 overclocked at 3.2ghz.. I took it up to 4.2ghz but it was getting very hot ~70-80C so I dropped it straight down untill I get a better heatsink and fan unit (bloody heatsink I bought said "great for overclocked i7 processor") ohh well thats what you get for $30... I'm looking into a heatstack.. it has aluminum tubes and massive heat fins... just curious.. what "rig" are you running.. if you are interested I'll tell you mine..

any way hope you have fun here.. -Adrian
Here's what I run. (Sad, but I'll go i7 after Christmas, finally have the funds)
It was originally the family computer (hence some cheap parts like mobo) but after sister got a laptop, I got it.

CPU: Intel E6550 2.33GHz @ 2.8GHz 1.35V (RAM holding back, I'll OC that soon)
- Noctua NH-C12P Heatsink (Great product for $90, sub 45c at load NO Air-Con)
Mobo: MSI P35 Neo
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800MHz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
GFX: XFX 8800GTX XXX Edition
- Zalman VF-1000 + RHS-88 (Heatsink+Ramsink, Also great)
HDD: WD 400GB SATA (Main), WD 1TB SATA (Blu-Ray storage)
DVD/Blu-Ray: Pioneer 20x SATA DVD DL, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Reader
Sound: Auzentech X-Plosion 5.1
Monitor: Samsung 40" LCD 1080p + 19" Samsung LCD (Not used atm)
Case: Modded Thermal Master - 8658 (No, not Thermaltake, it's a No-Name brand)

Extras:
5.1 system powered by Onkyo TX-SR602 featuring Audio-Lab fronts, Accusound Rears, Dome Centre, and a 10" 100W Active sub.

Btw, all this is in my room! :D
Computer may lack, but overall I Love it. (And that's all that matters, that it's right for you!)

(Need some more cable management, but case won't allow it :(, I want a Thermaltake Spedo-Advance)

My modded case exterior.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now yours mate?

1. How would I heatsink this well? (I heatsink computers mate, not lasers)

You can do this, best of both hobbies :p, lol this one I made a while ago, I could run this for hours

DSCF1535.jpg

Basiclly with heatsinking, you could goto a metal fab shop, they could make you up a small cylinder shape piece of aluminum, with a 12mm hole. depending on the capgun, you might be able to get a decent sized one. Cost around 10$.

Nice.. love the monitor and the colored fans :D

I have:

intel i7 920
asus P6T mobo
3 gig ddr3 ram (running at 1666mhz i think.. cant remember)
gigabyte HD4890
1 terabyte hdd partitioned
corsair 620W psu
in a thermaltake V9 gaming case (midi)

I guess its pretty good considering what we payed for it... to bad i dont have a 1080p monitor :(

btw I live in australia too!! and hopefully Ill be getting my hands on some scanner parts so i can try my hand out at that!

like I said before welcome to the forum.. I think you will fit in fine here with these guys!

-Adrian

Last edited:
Nice.. love the monitor and the colored fans :D

I have:

intel i7 920
asus P6T mobo
3 gig ddr3 ram (running at 1666mhz i think.. cant remember)
gigabyte HD4890
1 terabyte hdd partitioned
corsair 620W psu
in a thermaltake V9 gaming case (midi)

I guess its pretty good considering what we payed for it... to bad i dont have a 1080p monitor :(

btw I live in australia too!! and hopefully Ill be getting my hands on some scanner parts so i can try my hand out at that!

like I said before welcome to the forum.. I think you will fit in fine here with these guys!

-Adrian
Oh yeah, forgot to mention my PSU.

I too have the Corsair HX-620.
Great unit, can reportedly draw ~750W before it fails. (They underrate their PSU's heaps!)

You really need a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor mate.

That 4890 is going to waste...
Got Crysis?

hey bro welcome to the forums. I'm in oz too. It looks like you have caught the DIY bug lol.

Alexie

I ordered a 100mw bluray laser torch from Olike, i got them to disasemble, and CUSTOMS MISSED IT YAAYAYAYA, thats a big deal as I am in the so called Land of laser restrictions.