Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Greetings from Australia, Land of Laser Restrictions

3. I'm only 17 and not rich, also I have few other hobbies for my wallet so I'm not looking to spend heaps on a laser hobby.
UMMMMMM young Skywalker,yes you will,,,,,YES, YOU, WILL
the laser addiction will grow strong inside you and be with you ALWAYS!

:lasergun:

bobhaha

Hey welcome to the forum.. I'm 17 as well and only a couple months ago I built my first blu-ray.. I also have a 50mW green laser... check my sig for the review.. hope you enjoy your new hobby.. btw I have an intell i7 920 overclocked at 3.2ghz.. I took it up to 4.2ghz but it was getting very hot ~70-80C so I dropped it straight down untill I get a better heatsink and fan unit (bloody heatsink I bought said "great for overclocked i7 processor") ohh well thats what you get for $30... I'm looking into a heatstack.. it has aluminum tubes and massive heat fins... just curious.. what "rig" are you running.. if you are interested I'll tell you mine..

any way hope you have fun here.. -Adrian

AusR34P3R

Hey welcome to the forum.. I'm 17 as well and only a couple months ago I built my first blu-ray.. I also have a 50mW green laser... check my sig for the review.. hope you enjoy your new hobby.. btw I have an intell i7 920 overclocked at 3.2ghz.. I took it up to 4.2ghz but it was getting very hot ~70-80C so I dropped it straight down untill I get a better heatsink and fan unit (bloody heatsink I bought said "great for overclocked i7 processor") ohh well thats what you get for $30... I'm looking into a heatstack.. it has aluminum tubes and massive heat fins... just curious.. what "rig" are you running.. if you are interested I'll tell you mine..

any way hope you have fun here.. -Adrian
Here's what I run. (Sad, but I'll go i7 after Christmas, finally have the funds)
It was originally the family computer (hence some cheap parts like mobo) but after sister got a laptop, I got it.

CPU: Intel E6550 2.33GHz @ 2.8GHz 1.35V (RAM holding back, I'll OC that soon)
- Noctua NH-C12P Heatsink (Great product for $90, sub 45c at load NO Air-Con)
Mobo: MSI P35 Neo
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800MHz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V
GFX: XFX 8800GTX XXX Edition
- Zalman VF-1000 + RHS-88 (Heatsink+Ramsink, Also great)
HDD: WD 400GB SATA (Main), WD 1TB SATA (Blu-Ray storage)
DVD/Blu-Ray: Pioneer 20x SATA DVD DL, LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray Reader
Sound: Auzentech X-Plosion 5.1
Monitor: Samsung 40" LCD 1080p + 19" Samsung LCD (Not used atm)
Case: Modded Thermal Master - 8658 (No, not Thermaltake, it's a No-Name brand)

Extras:
5.1 system powered by Onkyo TX-SR602 featuring Audio-Lab fronts, Accusound Rears, Dome Centre, and a 10" 100W Active sub.

Btw, all this is in my room! :D
Computer may lack, but overall I Love it. (And that's all that matters, that it's right for you!)

(Need some more cable management, but case won't allow it :(, I want a Thermaltake Spedo-Advance)

My modded case exterior.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now yours mate?

1. How would I heatsink this well? (I heatsink computers mate, not lasers)

You can do this, best of both hobbies :p, lol this one I made a while ago, I could run this for hours

Basiclly with heatsinking, you could goto a metal fab shop, they could make you up a small cylinder shape piece of aluminum, with a 12mm hole. depending on the capgun, you might be able to get a decent sized one. Cost around 10$.

bobhaha

Nice.. love the monitor and the colored fans :D

I have:

intel i7 920
asus P6T mobo
3 gig ddr3 ram (running at 1666mhz i think.. cant remember)
gigabyte HD4890
1 terabyte hdd partitioned
corsair 620W psu
in a thermaltake V9 gaming case (midi)

I guess its pretty good considering what we payed for it... to bad i dont have a 1080p monitor :(

btw I live in australia too!! and hopefully Ill be getting my hands on some scanner parts so i can try my hand out at that!

like I said before welcome to the forum.. I think you will fit in fine here with these guys!

-Adrian

Last edited:

AusR34P3R

Nice.. love the monitor and the colored fans :D

I have:

intel i7 920
asus P6T mobo
3 gig ddr3 ram (running at 1666mhz i think.. cant remember)
gigabyte HD4890
1 terabyte hdd partitioned
corsair 620W psu
in a thermaltake V9 gaming case (midi)

I guess its pretty good considering what we payed for it... to bad i dont have a 1080p monitor :(

btw I live in australia too!! and hopefully Ill be getting my hands on some scanner parts so i can try my hand out at that!

like I said before welcome to the forum.. I think you will fit in fine here with these guys!

-Adrian
Oh yeah, forgot to mention my PSU.

I too have the Corsair HX-620.
Great unit, can reportedly draw ~750W before it fails. (They underrate their PSU's heaps!)

You really need a 16:9 or 16:10 monitor mate.

That 4890 is going to waste...
Got Crysis?

Alexie

I ordered a 100mw bluray laser torch from Olike, i got them to disasemble, and CUSTOMS MISSED IT YAAYAYAYA, thats a big deal as I am in the so called Land of laser restrictions.