Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Greenie - High power IR

I heard somewhere that green DPSSFD (808nm LD --> Nd:YAG / Nd:YVO4 --> 1064nm --> KTP --> 532 nm) is rather inefficient, and with alll the frequency changing the light power changes also, like voltage and current are linked. Is this true, and is it therefore possible to easily get a higher power IR laser by simply removing the crystals and IR filter from, say, a True DX 100? Cos if it does, I'm so doing that. :cool:

Rhith

In theory this might work, but you would still need to find a way to culminate it. Not sure how you would go about doing this with the set up. If you want a truly nice IR pen though send a PM to pseudo and see if he has any left for sale.

... Collimate. I agree that could be a problem; I could do that to a DX 50 and pay as much for the lens as the laser to start with.

also i havent dismantled a dx laser (yer ;D) but if its like any cheap laser i've destroyed, the LD wont be a nice little canned package but rather nude on the board, which makes it really hard to remove from there or anything...

When I made my IR "pen", I took apart a 20 mw greenie something or other and took the LD out. Then put the LD into an Aixiz module and reconnected the diode to the driver board.
Damn hard to focus :mad: :(

Mike

Things

the ir diode in a DX laser is actually a diode, it is in a little casing, with a little lens on the front. just like a closed can diode, but about 30 times bigger.