Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green Lasers at Radio Shack

that sounds familiar. whenever we scan one it pops up with a prompt to verify age. yeah, i thought it was weird that we can't even sell the 1mw red starwars ones to anyone under 18 :-? and just to let you know they are going on sale soon to $39.99 still too much for one that sells on DX for $16 or 17, but just letting y'all know.

always good to have inside info...

BTW where are you located? you might be near me...

ohh radioshack has nice pointers ror sale, jaycar has the modules out of a pointer for sale seperately :mad: i cringed when they connected it up to a 9v bettery, luckily the voltage regulator was doing its job, i was expecting a bright green beam then smoke ;D ;D.

jayhawker08 said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1195540694/15#17 date=1196654384]
BTW where are you located? you might be near me...

kansas city[/quote]

nevers mind, ur faaaaaaaar away from me...

I don't think there's anything at Radio Shack worth buying, lasers or whatever. It's rare you'll find anything there that can't be found at a decent parts shop around town. Even if you do, it's often worse quality (like their soldering irons).

radioshack's selection of DIY electronics parts has dwindled over the years along with my liking for the store.

MarioMaster said:
radioshack's selection of DIY electronics parts has dwindled over the years along with my liking for the store.

LOL everyone at my local RS knows me heh... im the "laser guy" or "smart dude" lol. yesterday a random employee came up to me as I was picking out an LM chip from DIYsection and said :"excuse me, are you that laser guy everyone is talking about?". LOL i almost laughed but supressed my laughter and said yes. He asked if he could see my laser someday, i said sure.

kinda ironic, ive been into DIY and high powered lasers for like only 2 months, yet the scarceness of laser people that shop at RS makes it this way.

LOL i am NO WHERE near as experienced as SenKat or TImelord, or gazoo, cept they dont know you guys (heck even I hardly know you guys) and so they wouldnt comprehend... lol I still laugh, me... laser guy?? lol...

regards,

amk

i can understand why they're impressed. in the whole time i've been working there, I've only seen 1 person buy anything from the electronic parts cabinet!

The thing that makes me mad is the fact that some kid will mess up green rights for everyone.

If I start seeing kids running around with a green laser, then I will truly snap. :mad:

I know someone around my area who abuses his green 5mw. I'm afraid to use mine outside around my house! I don't want the police to pull up to my door if I did nothing wrong. :mad:

Things

LOL the guys at jaycar know me, just not for my laser lovingness, just the fact i go in there so often. i should show em my laser somday, thatll blow their 10mw green module away! ;D ;D

sotto

My RS green laser pointer crapped out last night. Had only used it maybe 10 minutes on and off total. I'd just had it on for a few seconds, then when I hit the button again...nothing. Returned it within the 30 day period and got another. This one comes one bright, but dims quickly at first, then stabilizes at a decently bright level once it seems to warm up. Will see if I keep it.