Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

green laser wont function when cold

my laser seems to dim when i take it out side is this being caused my the cold its like 1 °C were i am now it works but as soon as i go outside dims down quite quick is this normal :cryyy:

Blord

That is normal. The crystal set works optimal in specific range of temperature. Too cold or too hot and the power is under par.
All DPSS laser behave like this.

Spyro

JUST DONT LOOK AT THE LASER BEAM!!!!It outputs IR like normaly, but the crystal like messes up and wil do about 1/8 of the work it should.

JUST DONT LOOK AT THE LASER BEAM!!!!It outputs IR like normaly, but the crystal like messes up and wil do about 1/8 of the work it should.

its kinda common sense even tho i already have looked at it only for about a second lol wont be doing it again :D

Spyro

so if it is not overspec so it is not a big deal to look at the beam. But its not good because your eye gets biger to catch more light to see better, it lets more light to hit the eye.If you would look at the sun with your eye big, your eyes would get BURNED :eg:

Actually the pump diode wavelength is temperature dependent, this is the major cause of the power fluctuations. KTP only gets slightly more efficient at higher temperatures and Nd:YVO4 just needs to be kept from overheating.

D

Deleted member 22482

Dude!! Where are you? It's -35°C here today!!! (-31°F)

Dude!! Where are you? It's -35°C here today!!! (-31°F)

Greenville.gif

9 degrees C and we think it is COLD here!

:evil:

Last edited: