Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser pointer

Chenso103

Hi I am new to this forum. I'm trying to educate myself as much as possible about ways appointments. I guess you would say I'm fairly new. I own 2 laser pointers. A 200mw green laser pointer and a 2000mw blue laser pointer. I realize that the green laser pointer that I have varies in strength and the size of the beam. The green 200 mw laser pointer requires 2 - 18650 Li-ion Recharged Battery. But I have been using a Energizer 123 3v lithium because it's hard to get my hands on one of those batteries sent overseas to the United States. Do you think the battery has something to do with it?
And 2nd, I am trying to look for a strong 200 or 300 mw green laser with a thick beam for gazing in the sky. Does anyone have any suggestions on where or what I can buy in for a good price. Any particular brand or website would help. Thank you

You can get those batteries on Amazon or go to any vapor shop. For a fat beam on your 532 nm laser you need a beam expander. Sanwu lasers has them. Tell us the make of your lasers.

Welcome to the LPF. I get most of my batteries from Liionwholesales.com. They have great prices and all their batteries are guaranteed new and to have the capacity they are rated for. They do have a shipping charge so it is best to buy as many batteries as possible to keep your overall price low. Try looking at closeouts.

wrong section and we actually like to see an 'intro' of yourself in the WELCOME section-- your location needs to be in both your intro AND its title as well as in your profile.. if you are not able to do that... you may get ignored.. so plz show us some respect and make that intro asap.

instead of guessing you can get your laser metered for free-- however- you need to finish 'joining' LPF..
not understanding why you cannot buy batts>????
you can get 6 or 8 18650s by getting a laptop powerpack and 'carefully' harvesting the batts-- older batt packs are cheap (& used ones are free) because they are no long so wanted.

I totally agree with hakzaw1 in the previous post.
Finish "joining" LPF first, and THEN you can safely start asking questions that some of the seasoned vets around here would be more than happy to (at times even go out of their way to) answer. :D

Yeah, I tried them awhile back and I always test my new batteries for capacity and effective internal resistance. The first batch came in above the rated capacity and had very low internal resistance. I have since made several purchases and all the batteries I bought tested very good. It sure beats trying to buy on eBay as you can never tell which are real and which are counterfeits.

TARDIS

Does anyone here have the spartan 200mW from dragon lasers??