Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Green laser 50mW problem

Hey guys!

i've got a 50mW green laser. it was working fine until one day all of a sudden it lighted up and at my next attemp to light it up it wouldn't. now when i press the button and look inside through the top of the pen (where the beam comes out) i can see a red ,powerless light but no beam at all

i've tried changing batteries but still nothing. is there a way to solve this problem?

here is a photo:

50MW_532_Super_Green_Laser_Powerful_Pointer_Pen.jpg

thanks !!

jaycey

i can see a red ,powerless light

The red light your looking at is probably IR light, invisible, not powerless but DEADLY to your eyes!

Think very carefully about looking at that light.

Search for' DPSS lasers' and how they work and it will give you some clue as to what has gone wrong with your pointer.
There not usualy, economicaly fixable.

If you didn't drop it (which can cause ktp crystal missaligned) than your diode died.

Try to look with mobile phone camera an see if there is significant quantity of IR light comming out of the laser...

Last edited:
no i havent dropped it and there is no beam at all coming out, the red light i talked about is just like a red lamp lighting. and it is strange that a red lamp lights as the laser is green..

i used a mobile phone camera and the light seems to be blue to violet (seems u were right)
any ideas?

Last edited:
sorry to say its unfixable.... As was already stated... DON'T LOOK AT THE RED LIGHT!!!! Although it may look dim and harmless it is putting out an invisible infra red beam that can do serious damage to your eyes!!!

anyone knows what causes this problem?

The answer to your questions has already been posted. Try reading the replies to this thread through again. If you still fail to find the answer, then search for it :whistle:

Green lasers are DPSS, which means diode pumped solid state. The diode pump is a powerful IR 808nm diode whose emission appears to be a deep red and also dim. The crystals convert this 808 to 1064 and then 532 green. The emission from a pump diode is capable of causing severe eye damage and blindness. For a 50mW laser, this pump diode could be putting out up to 500mW. This is blinding, burning IR power. Do not shine this into the eye! If you aren't knowledgeable on green lasers, just remove the dead module from the laser and put in a replacement from o-like or DX as this is the easy way to fix the laser. It is not easy to do repair surgery on the dead module.

Thank you billg519 I believe he has damaged his eyes looking at the IR laser so maby if he reads it one more time he will see it all and realize it dosn't realy take 15 people to tell him the same thing befor he can see it :thinking:

Have a good day !

Green lasers are DPSS, which means diode pumped solid state. The diode pump is a powerful IR 808nm diode whose emission appears to be a deep red and also dim. The crystals convert this 808 to 1064 and then 532 green. The emission from a pump diode is capable of causing severe eye damage and blindness. For a 50mW laser, this pump diode could be putting out up to 500mW. This is blinding, burning IR power. Do not shine this into the eye! If you aren't knowledgeable on green lasers, just remove the dead module from the laser and put in a replacement from o-like or DX as this is the easy way to fix the laser. It is not easy to do repair surgery on the dead module.

Hey guys!

i've got a 50mW green laser. it was working fine until one day all of a sudden it lighted up and at my next attemp to light it up it wouldn't. now when i press the button and look inside through the top of the pen (where the beam comes out) i can see a red ,powerless light but no beam at all

i've tried changing batteries but still nothing. is there a way to solve this problem?

here is a photo:

50MW_532_Super_Green_Laser_Powerful_Pointer_Pen.jpg

thanks !!

no chance to repair it. contact the seller to replace one or refund you at a certain level.:evil:

step one: replace the batteries and try again
step two: try to get a refund
step three: check if the diode still lives, if not replace
step four: check the crystals for dark burnt spots and move around them.
step five: take a hammer, it's dead anyway.