Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Grab a free Crelant light! (ended)

Hey Ryansoh congrats too! If its just a case of batteries have a look here, you probably already know about this thread..AW Li-Ion & IMR Batteries Sales Thread *USA* & international. ***Part 2*** - Page 33

I picked up a few AW batteries including 3 x AW IMR 16340's really cheaply and they are still going strong! :beer:

@BShanahan14rulz. Sorry to hear you didnt get anything.:( How many posts did you make? I posted 116 times and Ryan was up around 70, so that definitely improved our chances esp. with the reshuffling that went on later...:beer:

Last edited:

Thanks guys, I really should stop being a picky little brat.

I do have a plethora of 18350 and 14500 cells, so that's why I'm so reluctant to get 16340 cells.

Thanks for the link Grande, but I think I'll grab some cheap Trustfire cells from DX or FastTech.com; I found ICR cells just as capable of discharging 2C... they even have higher capacity than AW IMR's!

I'll make a review if I get those lights! Cheers!

Last edited:
I only made 10 posts. I think I was only in time to have a chance at the last 3 lights anyways, which, out of 77 total, isn't many to begin with.

I haven't read up too much, but ryansoh, you might see if your 18350s will fit. Sometimes there IS 2mm to spare ;-) Most ICR, except for smaller cells, are capable of 2C. It's when the manufacturers lie about that "C" rating of the cell that people get into trouble with that rule of thumb.

And, you better do a review with pictures! :san:

Yup, most 18650/16340 sized lights, which now many are by default, will fit 18350 batteries without any problem in terms of length.

Unfortunately with this one, you're probably out luck. The issue here will not be length, rather width.

It's a small light that uses the same head for the 1x16340 version, the 1x14500 version, and the 2xAA version. Maybe it's possible to have the body drilled out, but that would be as much as the light itself.

See if maybe crelant can send you an extra tube for 14500?

I know this is a laser pointer forum, but if there's some interest I'd also be happy to review the two lights Ill be getting? These are the lights:

2-1211021GJ0J6.JPG

2-1211221911334X.jpg

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:
A short review on the 7G3CS would be nice. I highly recommend you grab the aspheric head for the 7G5CS... it's a whole lot of fun.

No worries, I guess it'll be some time in Jan then. Thanks for the suggestion, just checked out the aspheric head and it looks insane! I think I might have to get one...;) :beer:

Last edited:
Double post again! Sorry, but if I don't people will probably miss this important message...:eek:

Ok Crelant has had problems with their PM box, so they are asking all the winners to resend an email to confirm their shipping details. Here's what they wrote:

Note: All winners, may i have your attention?
Our CPF inbox has full, and i am afraid some message missed. Please email and resend your information again, thanks a lot. The information must include: name, address (must including the country where we should ship to), phone number, ship way. Because i saw some friends only write down their name and address which not be accepted by the forwarder. I will reply and tell the freight one to one from tomorrow (2012-12-13), our email address is sales@crelant.com. Please send by email instead of PM, THANKS.

:beer:

Edit: Just ordered the Aspheric head...couldnt resist and at least Ill be giving something back to Crelant! ;) :wave:

Last edited:
Congrats on the Aspheric head! Definitely will be an awesome thrower. :)

Like Grainde, I'll do a review of the 7G9 and the V31A if there's interest. I did get a pair of 16340's for the V31A too.

2-121015150533155.png

Better stock up some good 18650's!!

2-121015194312156.png

Cheers guys.

Im interested, I'd really like to see how the lights compare to one another!:) Ill also try to get some beam shots with the aspheric ;) :beer:

Cool! Sorry that I don't have a lux meter or anything to measure the brightness or beam intensity. But we shall see how they compare to each other. :D

Edit: Just ordered the Aspheric head...couldnt resist and at least Ill be giving something back to Crelant! ;) :wave:

I'm willing to guarantee you're not going to regret it. With the aspheric, this light out throws EVERYTHING I have put it up against, including lights in the $300+ range.

I'm willing to guarantee you're not going to regret it. With the aspheric, this light out throws EVERYTHING I have put it up against, including lights in the $300+ range.

Yeah I saw some reviews and was quite impressed! Thanks for the recommendation! :beer:

The 7G9 and V31A have arrived this morning. :wave:

Unfortunately the V31A won't accept 18350's because they're too wide. However, I really like the finish of it. (even though it's only type II anodization) I'm waiting for FastTech to deliver the 16340 cells. Also, the reflector is crystal clear, so I thought it didn't have one. I had to tap it just to make sure.

The 7G9 is a beast. It has a very tight hotspot due to its huge reflector, so it sure is a thrower.

One downside is the illogical driver setup. I would understand if the drivers had no mode memory, meaning that it starts out high everytime you turn it on, but both of these lights have next mode memory, meaning that if you turn it off on high, it would go to medium the next time, and so on.

All in all, these are great lights and I thank Crelant for this giveaway. :wave:
I'll probably do a comprehensive review on these lights tonight when I can take proper beamshots.

Cheers! :beer:

man i wish i could have won something. i wasn't already a member so i joined hoping to win something but wasn't able to post at all so couldn't win anything.

Last edited:
One downside is the illogical driver setup. I would understand if the drivers had no mode memory, meaning that it starts out high everytime you turn it on, but both of these lights have next mode memory, meaning that if you turn it off on high, it would go to medium the next time, and so on.

That is a rather weird setup. Same thing on my V11A.

On the other three crelant lights I have, if the light is turned on using the rear switch it will always start in high. After that you can use the side button and adjust to any brightness. As long as you don't use the rear switch there is memory for whatever power you set.

This is actually what appealed to me so much with the crelants... guess the 7g9 is off of my "to get" list :(

As a side note, the v11a has really grown on me, even with having to cycle through modes (don't depress all the way until you have the mode you want) it's a great light, has taken a bit of a beating, and fell into a puddle. After being washed off under running water in the kitchen sink, it's no worse for wear. The added mass vs the much smaller balder also helps with heat.

Last edited: