Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Good cat and kid safe laser.

I am looking for a toy I can give my kids 2 and 5 and also the cat can play with I have gone through a number of cheap lasers and they break so I would like something nice.

I was thinking color to be green it has less scatter than other colors and is bright (i have a 200mw one now but that is to high) but i am open to sugestions on other colors as well basically I ahve only been playing with green violet and red.

Can someone recomend a decent one.

It depends on your budget. I wouldn't allow my kids to play with something >1mW, if I had any. It depends on the kid, tho.
I've seen kids here where I live, pointing a 1mW laser in the eye (in his own eyes) just for the lulz.

Its hard to find a 1mW green laser (even 5mW) and it would have tenfold the power, related to infrared leaking.
Not something you want in your (or your kids) eyes.
I'd recomend any laser diode system with low power.
My bet is a 635nm (bright red) <5mW.

Good luck! :wave:

They are not bad but like anythig there will be mistakes reflections etc. Budget doesn't matter but it is a toy so I don't want to spend over $150 on it Which I would think woudl be way more than I have to I figured I would leave the buget open and see what sugestions came in. ALso regular AA or AAA cells would be nice.

I have a 3mW 650nm laser but dont want to sell it since its my safe toy :D

You cant see the beam or anything but the dot is bright enough. 532nm is hard to get in the under 5mW range but LG is a good place to go

Not really a good Idea for little ones to be playing with any laser.. perhaps a small diode flashlight.

Try finding a cheap sipik sk68 clone on just wahtever random site you buy things for. My cat chases it around almost as excitedly as a laser dot. Runs on 1xAA.