Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goldenstar Lab GB: CNI 1.8w 532nm $487 / 1.3w 650nm $423 and more...

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Jeff, please add me to the list sir! 1pc.- 1500mW (1800mW) 532nm.
Your last post answers my question. Thanks! :)

Ok guys, looks like we have our five units for certain. This is what I count:

Flamingpyro- x2 (one red and one green)
Jmillerdoc- x1 532/1500mw (possibly 2)
Bowtieguy- x1 532/1500
kRNAZNBOY- x1 532/1500

I also have one other guy from Poland who appear to want one also but there's still a couple issues I'm waiting to clear up with his.

I told Mimi early next week the order would go out so, be prepared to place deposits by Monday night. I'm just going to request a flat $75 down, refundable only if the order doesn't get placed, lasers aren't received, etc. Basically, once I've paid for them and they arrive to my doorstep.

Based on what Mimi has communicated to me it appears the lasers will be shipped within a weeks time and then we're looking at DHL's delivery time to me which has been 4-7 working days in the past from China. I will re ship them within 48 hours provided there's not some holiday I haven't accounted for or some other reason USPS can't accept a package.

Anyone else wanting in on this should get in touch with me by no later than mid day Tuesday. I think I will shoot for placing the order Tuesday evening whenever Mimi is available to take the CC information from me.

Very C:cool::cool:L guys and thanks for getting in on this good deal Jeff has worked up for us, I'm vibrating with A n t i c i p a t i o n

Thanks a grunch Jeff :wave:

Last edited:
Well, haven't had anymore requests than those I've mentioned above, I've got one person sending me a deposit now and probably will go ahead and plan on placing the order on Tuesday evening. If anyone else wants in bows the time to speak up.

I just heard from Mimi and we are set to place the order. I've set the deadline for Tuesday night. Deposits need to be in by then. If you've not made arrangements with me in this please PM or email me. I emailed her my price calculations and they were correct. Basically it's [(500x4) + 360] x 0.92 = $2171.20 + transactions fees (see below) plus another $138 (IIRC, it's somewhere in the $130's) for shipping to me. The final total is around $2410. Upon placing the order she will have them shipped within a week. Agai, when. Get them I will break the packing down, repack them into very well insulated large USPS flat rate boxes using some really nice Acoustic foam tiles I bought a while back. Shipping to the end buyer should be $14.75 plus any insurance you might want. Flamingpyro, I doubt yours will fit into one large flat rate box so I will just mail it by weight with USPS. It will be less than twice the flat rate large box for sure. Probably $22-25.

Also, I need your full names and physical addresses for the warranty information before I place the order too so, KRNAZNBOY and Flamingpyro please PM me your info before Tuesday. Bowtieguy has already sent the deposit and info.

I'm going to try to figure out how to use ARG's data logging set up that's built into my NoSpin Ophir before these arrive. If I can I'd be glad to meter them out for everyone. There won't be any swapping around based on power output because you will already be assigned a serial number.

One last issue if you will, my payment to her. I can go about it several ways but I was going to suggest that I use my PayPal for a couple reasons. Just about any way I pay will incur a 2-3.6% transaction fee except USPS MO. I wouldn't dare send a MO, there's no protection at all. Also WU and the other wire services also have very limited sender protection, practically none. PayPal total fees will be $80 and it will offer us the best protection of all because I'm a PayPal Advantage member. I've never lost a dime through them and they always lean on the side of the buyer. With my advantage status I'm pretty much guaranteed to get every single cent back if we're not 100% satisfied. Damaged en route, lost, stolen from my doorstep, whatever....it's covered. Since I'm the organizer I will pick up $30 of the fees just to promote this method. That means about $12 to each of you for my fees. Your looking at a total price of right at $513 shipped to your doorstep which is exactly $40 cheaper than you could buy it from them yourself, Flamingpyro, since your getting two yours is a bit different but you get the point, you'll be saving about $70 by my last calculation.

Last call for anyone else wanting to get in is coming soon, PM me if you're wanting in.

Thanks,
Jeff

Another update on payment...it appears I can do a wire transfer directly from my bank account. It doesn't offer the protection that my PayPal does but it will save us a little over $80. After some review of Goldenstar at PL I feel these guys are trustworthy enough to send funds this way. I'd like some input from those participating. I'm on the fence right now and could swing to either side.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I wish I could help, but I've never done wire transfers between banks.
What kind of protection does your bank offer you in case of a dispute?

Order has been placed and paid for. Purchased x3 532's and x2 650's. Wire transfer should clear early this week and then the lasers will ship in about one week. I suspect they will arrive to me mid-June. Will keep everyone posted.
Thanks!

Flamingpyro- I just realized you have been elevated to the demigod status of uber Laserman. Wow, what an honor it is to have you even read my posts, much less respond in actual writing.....

Mimi just informed me that CNI is using a different driver PSU design for. The older model. Supposedly this is the one they have changed over to on all their models and the entire combination is smaller and more compact. It is designed with the PJ end user in mind since most of these will be incorporsted into an end product. Mimi says this was done in response to requests to make the driver PSU more compact than the previous large box it came in.

Personally I like this one much better, but since it's changed from the boxy thing I showed previously I wanted to run it by y'all. She has the money in hand and CNI is ready to ship. Let me know ASAP if you have any questions. It still has the voltage gated trigger and everything the previous driver had, it's just in a more compact enclosure and it has active cooling.

Thanks,
Jeff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 81
That looks like just the driver , so there will probably be a separate PSU aswell as most of CNIs drivers need a dual voltage supply to run .

Last edited:
I'm a little ticked at them. Now they have $2200 of my money they tell me this. Personally I don't care, mine will get incorporated into another design and it's much easier to use them like this. It allows for greater flexibility. But, there may be one of the GB participants who doesn't like this layout and I will have a problem if that's the case. Even if she refunded all my money I will get charged a $36 fee for the wire transfer and then some. We will see how this pans out, I've got a question into her right now.
JM

:eek: No No This can't be happening, I wanted the other power supply, I can't use these then, sell them to some one else I'm outa here...

JK :crackup: These will probably be much better unless you like big laser projectors.

i'm a little ticked at them. Now they have $2200 of my money they tell me this. Personally i don't care, mine will get incorporated into another design and it's much easier to use them like this. It allows for greater flexibility. But, there may be one of the gb participants who doesn't like this layout and i will have a problem if that's the case. Even if she refunded all my money i will get charged a $36 fee for the wire transfer and then some. We will see how this pans out, i've got a question into her right now.
Jm

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Jeff, you got to admit, their timing is excellent, they get your money in hand, and then inform you of changes! :whistle:
This isn't a real problem for me, although a 1pc unit would have been good for my use.
BTW - I also sent you a PM.

Arrived today. PMs or emails sent about payment.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 85