Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Goldenstar Lab GB: CNI 1.8w 532nm $487 / 1.3w 650nm $423 and more...

Hello,
This is a spinoff of a thread I started a few days ago:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/meierlight-1500mw-532-analog-89101.html

Since then it's changed companies and scope so I really felt a new thread and title was appropriate.

You can read through that thread if you want but in a nutshell, I stumbled upon another company with even lower prices and some members starting asking about other options. One thing led to another and ultimately I got commitment from Goldenstar to honor the quantity discount across colors and powers within a range of prices.

The original Mierelight 532nm 1.5w analog was trumped with Goldenstar's CNI (all CNI, not just head) 532nm overspec 1.5w with TTL and analog that's said to do around 1.8w. Price: $487.20 shipped to one location. Add re shipping in the US and it should come to a couple dollars over $500 shipped to your door.

Additionally they have a 650nm 1.3w TTL/analog unit for right at $420 shipped to one location, add about $15 and your right at $435 to your door.

Savings is from three aspects. 1) Goldenstar's already low prices 2) quantity purchase 3) pooled shipping over 20kg to one location.

Based on my conversations with their agent it appears she will honor the discount she would give for a 5 or more purchase even if the units are different. As long as they are similarly priced (like the green and red above) we get 8% off. There's probably more to be had for over 10 units as well.

So here's the terms. If I can get at least five buyers we can get the prices above and I would be willing to put the purchase on my credit card and front the cash for participating parties. I would ask for a reasonable deposit (15%?) prior to placing the order. Once the lasers arrive I would then re ship them to participants and payment would be due at that time. The deposit would be non-refundable once the order has been placed and I receive the lasers. Should a participant bug out or something happen where they were unable to pay for the laser then I would cut the price by the deposit amount and place an auction at eBay. eBay and PayPal fees deducted and anything left of the deposit after my expenses are recouped would be sent back to the non-paying participant.

And there's good news on top of this, looks like there is already four of the five needed spoken for.

If by chance this gets bigger than expected and we end up ordering over 10 units I may require a larger deposit or full payment for those getting in late.

There's no deadline at this point. I'm just going to see what type of response this gets and try to set a date after a couple days. I'm flexible here. I can see an order going out by weeks end.

PM or email me using the forum and I will respond fairly quickly. I'm off work until Monday so I'm able to man the computer until then.

I'm sure there will be plenty of questions. You might find the info you need by going to their website first. Otherwise I will try to field questions to their agent as they come.

Thanks for looking! Hope I didn't leave anything obvious out. It's late so I wouldn't be surprised if I did. Just PM me for more details.

Jmillerdoc

Last edited:

I'm interested :drool:

If you'll shoot me an email through the forum I can email you back a .pdf file with all their lasers and prices. If you are wanting something let me know and I can get an adjusted price and total cost with shipping to your door.
JM

It's really hard to believe the cost of these DPSS 532's have come down this far over the past year or so. Maybe I didn't know where or how to buy last time but still it seems these things have dropped considerably. I gave somewhere around $850 shipped for my last 532nm 1800mw lab a little over a year ago. I wonder if the new Nichia 520 diodes are putting the squeeze on the 532 market or if the economy has something to do with it. No matter the reason I'm glad.

If you'll shoot me an email through the forum I can email you back a .pdf file with all their lasers and prices. If you are wanting something let me know and I can get an adjusted price and total cost with shipping to your door.
JM

Sent you an email :)

Dang $500 for almost two watts of green!

I guess i will have to stretch that high school budget :p

Anyone have experience with these? What is the beam diameter like on the DPSS?

Thanks
-Matt

Sent you an email :)

Anyone have experience with these? What is the beam diameter like on the DPSS?

Thanks
-Matt

Depends on the quality of the system , I have two CNI oem system and one has a very nice thin beam and the other is abit larger beam wise .

So value-wise, the 1500mw (1800mw) is the best.

What will the price be shipped to 90402?

Thanks

If I get a solid commitment for five lasers the cost to me is $487.20. Based on what I've seen I'm almost certain I could safely ship it to you with the flat rate first class USPS service at $14.75 plus any insurance you may request. Your looking at a couple dollars over $500.

So value-wise, the 1500mw (1800mw) is the best.

What will the price be shipped to 90402?

Thanks

Sweet. Any warranty or service plan? These are made for thousands of hours of on time yeah?

Thanks
-Matt

@ Matt- I've had a couple CNI DPSS units as well and the diameter ranges from advertised 2-3mm with a low divergence. Although one is larger than the other I honestly cannot perceive much difference if any. Especially with green, to me it's so damn bright it's hard to tell. I've also had one of the Tron 473's that were floating around. The beam on it seemed much smaller than the 532. Don't know if that's because it was or if it's just the way my eyes perceive the two colors. Someone at PL mentioned mentioned that CNI could adjust the beam specs and sacrifice one aspect for another. Namely, decrease the beam diameter and increase the divergence. I put this question to Mimi and she in turn sent the question to CNI. I don't have a response yet but the presumption would be that if it could be done I suppose she'd be willing to order it or have one done like this. Personally I wouldn't need it.

1 year warranty included in price. Prior to placing the order I will need all your personal information so I can assign the warranty directly to you. Please don't send anything now though, I do t know exactly what she will need and I don't want to keep track of anything until I've got everything ready to go.

@ Matt- I've had a couple CNI DPSS units as well and the diameter ranges from advertised 2-3mm with a low divergence. Although one is larger than the other I honestly cannot perceive much difference if any. Especially with green, to me it's so damn bright it's hard to tell. I've also had one of the Tron 473's that were floating around. The beam on it seemed much smaller than the 532. Don't know if that's because it was or if it's just the way my eyes perceive the two colors. Someone at PL mentioned mentioned that CNI could adjust the beam specs and sacrifice one aspect for another. Namely, decrease the beam diameter and increase the divergence. I put this question to Mimi and she in turn sent the question to CNI. I don't have a response yet but the presumption would be that if it could be done I suppose she'd be willing to order it or have one done like this. Personally I wouldn't need it.

You get that on some of the OEM systems too , when ordering from CNI you can sometimes have a option of two different final lenses depending on the beam requirements needed .

I have a CNI 473nm and it has a beam that's very similar to the very thin beam from the green , The 671nm CNI I had had a really thin beam but higher divergence .

Last edited: