Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Go get him boys!

Seems the Intellectual crowd is flocking to your video ... 200mW, LMAO!

Great demo - the music, well, a little "PBS" for my taste but ya know, it fit the demo beautifully.

Again - one ofthe better laser demo's I have seen on "You Tube"!

Yeah, you get the point. It's not about the music, it's about the laser. The music is fluff, it's filler. It was automatically generated by the video editing software so I didn't have to do anything.

If you want music check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK34W2AXxpE. I switched to a different editing software the quality improved.

Brett

FrothyChimp said:
I just pee pee slapped some retard on YouTube over one of my videos. If any of you are feeling saucy feel free to continue the mental abuse. Hinchey313 is his name and here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hABB0O__ubA

First of all, it was great to see a high quality 5w 808nm laser in operation -- great video Frothy Chimp!!

At some point in the history of mankind's plight to turn networked computers into a social playground, perhaps shortly after, during, or maybe even prior to the switch from BBS systems to a publicly available internet...the rules of grammar, spelling, and rhetoric began to fall by the wayside.  Even though I've been working with computers since the TRS-80 data cassette era, this atrophy of decent communication while online has never (and probably never will) been something I can accept.  

It's nice to know you feel that way too.  The barely legible scrawlings of the average user on services such as MySpace, YouTube, and similar tend to keep me away from joining, since I feel like I'd waste more time trolling through useless material rather than enjoying myself.  Unfortunately I don't have a YouTube account, so I can't join in your roast of Hinchey313.  Sometimes it's fun to "let 'em have it" if you have time, but I generally just try to ignore those people and take comfort in the knowledge that the few with genuine interest and a penchant for working hard at the learning process will benefit from my efforts.  Often, the kid that posts something like Hinchey313 did, is simply seeking attention.  Perhaps they can't get it at home, or within their peer group, plus it's much easier to start little "flame wars" on the internet than actually do useful amateur scientific work.  Often kids like this receive the attention they crave, even when it comes in the negative form of getting "pee slapped" on the internet.  My wife actually catagorized that psychological phenomenon wisely for me once when talking about these types of people....when it comes to them, "Any attention's good attention, even negative".  For example, the prank caller who will stop eventually after he's been ignored.  So roasting someone would tend only to work if that person has the intellectual fortitude to understand the framework of injury within which the insults were fabricated.

Anyway.  It's trendy (and has been for about a decade at least) to dumb your writing to a 3rd or 4th grade level when writing an email.  I don't practice this, and never will, so it's nice to meet others who are disgusted by some teenager who can't be bothered to apply even the most elementary scrutiny to what he is writing for the whole world to see.  It's nice to see that you are with me on this.  I'm not saying my posts are perfect, I get a bit lazy at times myself, but my posts and emails are far and away better than what seems to be de rigueur for the interenet.  This is the only place where someone can tell you to F__K OFF and call you an asshole, and the guy will spell "asshole" incorrectly.

-Brett  

You want to know the worst part of the whole thing? He's 20 years old according to his YouTube account. I block the users who come just to make ignorant comments but always try to get my digs in just knowing at the other end they cannot respond. I know this drives them crazy because I've had people create new accounts just to respond. One of my degrees is in psychology, albeit undergraduate, but I do like to put it to use from time to time. I have no qualms about mentally abusing someone who asks for it. I do, in fact, enjoy the verbal sparring particularly when they get frustrated and have to resort swearing and what not.

Brett

Yeah, I know what you mean about enjoying verbal sparring, I just doubt that guy will be much of an adversary for you. It'll be something roughly analogous to using a 5000mw 808nm laser to light a match. He won't have a chance....then he'll be blocked. Pretty funny actually.

-Brett

Are you sure about his age Frothy...  ::)

By his spelling and his name he must surely be 3 or 13... he can't possibly
be 31 or 313....  ;D...

Either way... by his response... he's definitely an uneducated moron.... :cool:

Jerry

jwc

Rule #1 of YouTube:
Whatever you do, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN. :D

I guess that rule doesn't really work if it's your own video, though. But yeah, that's how I continue to watch videos on YouTube but still function afterwards. Once in a while, I accidentally look at a few comments, but I don't believe that there have been any lasting effects on my health.

Razako

I like to read the comments.  It can be very entertaining reading the pure stupidity and filth.

jwc said:
Rule #1 of YouTube:
Whatever you do, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN.  :D

I guess that rule doesn't really work if it's your own video, though.  But yeah, that's how I continue to watch videos on YouTube but still function afterwards.  Once in a while, I accidentally look at a few comments, but I don't believe that there have been any lasting effects on my health.

That's exactly how I feel :) I've never commented on YouTube and I never will, bunch of idiots there.

But yeah, I also agree with the own video thing... I can see how annoying it would be to have misinformed people trying to argue something they don't understand... oh, what a world internet we live in...