Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GLOW-IN-THE-DARK fun with lasers!!!

HIMNL9

^ i really don't know why ..... i only know that for IR plates, the thing works in this way, cause the IR produces a "transfer", or "energy status change" (sorry, don't know how describe it better), that cause the fluorescence decrease ..... practically, the energy level becomes lower, and the fluorescence disappear ..... also, it differ from different materials, as far as i remember, there's one that just go dark, cause the transfer is very quick, and another is changing levels so slow that first turn from green to orange, then disappear.

Maybe the material that you are using have different properties and energy levels, otherwise i don't know why that happens to you also with BR, sorry.

^ i really don't know why ..... i only know that for IR plates, the thing works in this way, cause the IR produces a "transfer", or "energy status change" (sorry, don't know how describe it better), that cause the fluorescence decrease ..... practically, the energy level becomes lower, and the fluorescence disappear ..... also, it differ from different materials, as far as i remember, there's one that just go dark, cause the transfer is very quick, and another is changing levels so slow that first turn from green to orange, then disappear.

Maybe the material that you are using have different properties and energy levels, otherwise i don't know why that happens to you also with BR, sorry.

It really is weird, it only happens with 405nm and of course white light so I'm thinking the whole "blue" spectrum. I'll have to do some research..