Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Glass Ball / Diffraction Grating

Title is accurate :) Plus some with the square-pyramid.

Wavelengths Used:
Aixiz RBG (650nm-150mw / 532nm-80mw / 450nm-120mw)
Sharp 490nm
M140a 445nm

Click for high-res of the stills. The gifs are another story :)

videotogif_2018.08.18_23.14.23 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

videotogif_2018.08.18_23.25.34 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

videotogif_2018.08.18_23.32.13 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

videotogif_2018.08.18_23.18.30 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5538 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5551 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5554 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5558 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5569 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5586 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5579 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5581 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

IMAG5574 by Lewie Wilkinson, on Flickr

Hi Lew,
Wow now thats home awesome pics buddy your really doing a great job with the images and photography. Keep it up you have something here.

+ Reps

Rich:)

Hey Lew,
More nice pics! I like the ones with one color the best. I have been using my right angle quite a bit in the last few weeks, and they are still set up for what I am working on now and the upcoming week. I have had them for 6 years now and have had no luck finding the same exact ones anywhere. If you see any good ones around let us know. There are many cheap prisms out there, as I have a nice collection of them, but to find good quality ones for a reasonable price is tough to do. Of course if money is no issue it is limitless on what is out there.

Looks like you are using your new glass sphere in your photography a lot now. I think they are good for certain shots, but you will never know unless you try. Thanks for sharing them.

Hi Lew,
Wow now thats home awesome pics buddy your really doing a great job with the images and photography. Keep it up you have something here.

+ Reps

Rich:)

Ty for the kind words!

Hey Lew,
More nice pics! I like the ones with one color the best. I have been using my right angle quite a bit in the last few weeks, and they are still set up for what I am working on now and the upcoming week. I have had them for 6 years now and have had no luck finding the same exact ones anywhere. If you see any good ones around let us know. There are many cheap prisms out there, as I have a nice collection of them, but to find good quality ones for a reasonable price is tough to do. Of course if money is no issue it is limitless on what is out there.

Ty, Bruce! I pulled e trigger on a few different cheap-ish right-angles today. Most of them are from CN, but my 4 million dollar gift card for Edmund Optics had run out :crackup:, so that was fall-back plan, lol.

I'll be sure to share which ones I think are worth the $ and the wait for shipping.

Looks like you are using your new glass sphere in your photography a lot now. I think they are good for certain shots, but you will never know unless you try. Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you, Paul! Some of these were not planned at all; like you said, just gotta try something new!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Lovely work, Lew!

I really like the 3rd gif, and image 5569, in that one, the sphere looks as if it's about to be drawn into a "black hole"! :yh:
:kewlpics: +rep!

Last edited:
WHAT ? I can't believe I didn't notice this, that's cool, I have some baseball size glass/crystal spheres with no bubbles that I now must experiment with.

29186033927_80d0483acc_o.gif