Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GITD Liquid Smoke in a Bottle

I know this has been done before I'm just showing a video I took.

Fun Stuff, It's a lot cooler in person, due to the high/low contrasting light I had a hard time taking this video.

405 nm 30 mW and Glow in the dark paint in water inside a bottle*

*If You Make This Be very careful to not shine the laser onto the bottle in a direction that would reflect to your eyes!!! Please Be Very Careful. This can be Dangerous and Never should a child play with this. And Do Not Use anything higher than 30 mW that should be max!! If you use even a lower mW it is better. A higher mW will not light up the glow paint any more than what it's doing. So if you need it to glow more add more paint, but that also makes it thicker and harder for the laser to penetrate the liquid and less will get lit up. So find a Balance of water/GITD Paint for the size bottle your using.

YouTube - Glow In The Dark Liquid Smoke in a Bottle
The Song is by: Escala, Requiem for a Tower

I linked the forums to help get some more $$ incoming to the site. :beer:

Last edited:

That is really amazing, for something so simple!

That would be an awesome effect for a haunted house or something. A big bottle of GITD paint/water mix on a turntable to keep it stirring slowly with a 405nm laser, or even just a blacklight with a shadow/stencil that would paint a ghost or skull or something in it every few seconds, then would just stir/fade away...

3zuli

awesome! how did u make it? i want one of these :drool:

awesome! how did u make it? i want one of these :drool:

7142-ml-glass-bottle-1.jpg

--Pick out a Bottle--
+

51JjjZG0ilL._SS500_.jpg

--Put about 1/4 of a cup of this in your bottle--
+

Image-80-tap-water.gif

--Fill up the rest of the bottle with water--
+

cork2.jpg

--Cork it all up--
+

21QfbWTmtKL._SS400_.jpg

--Light it up with a 405 nm*--
(Get a low mW laser to light it up, Don't use above 30mW anything higher wont make it light up any brighter and it's unnecessarily Adding danger thats not needed)

=

GITD Smoke in a Bottle

*Be very careful to not shine the laser onto the bottle in a direction that would reflect to your eyes!!!Please Be Very Careful. And Do Not Use anything higher than 30 mW!!! That should be the max you use. And a even lower mW Laser is better. A higher mW will not light up the glow paint any more than what it's already doing. So if you need it to glow more add more paint, but that also makes it thicker and harder for the laser to penetrate the liquid and it will not light up as much of the GITD paint. So find a Balance of water/GITD Paint for the size bottle your using.

:beer::D

Last edited: