Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ghetto rigged phr 803t :P

chIno said:
just a though... u could also get different sized washers (outer radius that is) and then put one big and one small, one big, one small.... to get some kind of air cooled heatsink.

like this

---------------
--------
---------------
--------
---------------

(sorry cant post pics yet) lol

i think it works better, but i know it looks cooler...IMO that is.

I found that you will either have to drill out the washer or just get bigger washers and increase the diameter of module with aluminum tape.

--hydro15

jake21

pm me the Resistors thats on the driver, and i can tell u what ur driveing the diode at ;)

I'm not sure about UV, doesn't always work well. 405nm wavelength-specific goggles or 532nm and 405nm goggles work well.

Are there any inexpensive 405nm goggles? Just whipped out $35 for 803 parts, not sure I want to spend another 35 on the googles alone...

OHNOITZALASER said:
Are there any inexpensive 405nm goggles? Just whipped out $35 for 803 parts, not sure I want to spend another 35 on the googles alone...
well would you rather have $35 goggles to protect yourself or risk losing your vision :-? well I shouldn't be talking :-X

robjdixon said:
it is being driven at 100mA
you sure? :-? I miss the case the ones yours came with :'( this one doesn't fit for some reason :-/ maybe the little bit of extra wire? but thats only like an inch.

BTW do you guys know how hard it was to press in this diode with no vice ;) it was hard and took a while to say the least, well to get it nice and even and all the way in but it was all worth it ;D

jake21

[highlight]BTW do you guys know how hard it was to press in this diode with no vice [/highlight]

practice makes perfect ;)

whats the resistors on the driver i can tell u what ma ur driving it at if u want to no

OHNOITZALASER said:

I agree, your vision is more important to you than any laser part. The goggles will take up most of the money, but dragonlasers sells some good ones:

http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog...protection--Laser-safety-glasses-p-16242.html

or

http://www.dragonlasers.com/catalog...protection--Laser-Safety-Goggles-p-16184.html

Also, Frothychimp sells excellent safety goggles, pm him and you won't be dissapointed.

jake21 said:
[highlight]BTW do you guys know how hard it was to press in this diode with no vice [/highlight]

practice makes perfect ;)

whats the resistors on the driver i can tell u what ma ur driving it at if u want to no
eh I can't see it anymore, I got it in a host today, but it burns REALLY good ;D 15 ft matchlights are NO problem ;D ;D ;D

Tht's crazy! If you ever find out post it, I'd like to run my bluray at that current if it's not too high. :cool:

randomlugia said:
Tht's crazy! If you ever find out post it, I'd like to run my bluray at that current if it's not too high. :cool:
it's probably between 80mA and 150mA ;) probably low hundreds