Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

General News Discussion

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Lot's of interesting things going on around the world, so going to try this again with a slightly different approach. For discussion of all news, not just political, from local disasters to world wars (hopefully not lol).

Let's just try to get to page 10 this time before this ends in a massive pool hall brawl, teeth flying, noses exploding, and lower jaws shattering into dust. :LOL:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'll start:

Anyone in the path of hurricane Idalia? Looks like it's make landfall in Florida sometime tomorrow. Even all the way up here in Canada we are already getting some unseasonably warm weather this week from the storm down south.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Here's one for ya. This girl is so unlikeable

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
The temperature here in Tacoma has been quite mild lately. Today the high is only supposed to get to 75 degrees F today. Can't complain about that.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
We’ve been hovering between 27C-32C (80F-90F) for the entire week. Not expected to drop again till Monday when it’s still going to be 26C (78F). After that we should be back to seasonal temps of 19C-23C (66F-73F). We’re stuck in a heatwave whilst Greece is stuck with rain. It’s due to the jet stream and an ex hurricane.

Thank you Smackitup, I will try to remember that and shorten it.
We are already living the Orwellian nightmare, did anyone watch the Murdaugh murder trial ? They hade so much cell phone data and that's just what's collected every day on all of us which is everything, data centers like the Utah data center are full of everything we do, buy and say/text. Every where our phones go, how fast, who we were in close proximity with, ect.... Patriot act..... shhh

Thank you Smackitup, I will try to remember that and shorten it.
We are already living the Orwellian nightmare, did anyone watch the Murdaugh murder trial ? They hade so much cell phone data and that's just what's collected every day on all of us which is everything, data centers like the Utah data center are full of everything we do, buy and say/text. Every where our phones go, how fast, who we were in close proximity with, ect.... Patriot act..... shhh
The Patriot Act is more like a Patriot Missile aimed right at Americans.

Not to get off topic, but I read that by 2026 all auto makers must put driver monitoring software on all new cars that will shut down the car if it detects aggressive, erratic and/or intoxicated driving patterns. SMART EYE is an AI based driver monitoring system..... wow, this was part of the bi-partisan infrastructure bill signed into law.

Last edited:
The Patriot Act is more like a Patriot Missile aimed right at Americans.

Yeah, IIRC that was passed by the dubya administration. Helped to push the lies that got us to invade Iraq. Now Netanyahu is slamming the Gaza strip, even in the south. Thousands of civilian deaths.

Everything the gov't pushes is a lie....

Well, I don't know about that. I subscribe to the NY Times who first published the pentagon papers and to the Washington Post because Woodward and Bernstein's publications brought down a sitting president because of the lies he told even before he got impeached. I believe a competent press keeps government here in line. But, one needs to be aware that not all press is impartial.

Last edited:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter