Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gearbest.com is a Netherlands based seller

I bought a flashlight (they also sell lasers) from Gearbest thinking they were a US company, their web site sure looks like it, but nope later I find out they are in the Netherlands and most of what they sell comes from China, often having complaints for delays due to running out of stock! I don't mind if I know up front I'm ordering from a foreign company, but this web site was designed to appear to be a US based company, even a US phone number which rings in the Netherlands!

Should have googled them first, my bad. Thought I'd share where they are at to prevent another member from having the same misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Eh netherlands? that makes no sense i bought from them once a laser and it came from china..

SteveT

They use a delivery hub in the Netherlands which explains why packages are marked with 'NL Post.'

Hi Mortuus, thank you for ordering and caring of gearbest.com. GearBest is a China-based online shopping site and provides FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE on every single order. The contact number left on site is mainly to let customers contact us easily and freely at any time. Besides flat rate shipping(Netherlands Post, Hongkong Post,etc), we also have Standard Shipping (EMS) and Expedited Shipping (DHL/FEDEX,etc). And glad to tell you we are building our oversea warehouse, shipping will be faster in future. Hope all of you enjoy a good time at gearbest.:)

If you google their name plus ripoff or report, you can find some complaints about items taking a long time to come, but you can also find some happy customers too, as you will for any company. I just prefer not to order from overseas for some of my purchases because if something goes wrong, it is much easier to get the problem corrected and or communicate with the company.

If you google their name plus ripoff or report, you can find some complaints about items taking a long time to come, but you can also find some happy customers too, as you will for any company. I just prefer not to order from overseas for some of my purchases because if something goes wrong, it is much easier to get the problem corrected and or communicate with the company.

well i have bought many years from overseas stuff like flashlights, batteries and other gadgets and i dont see the problem in waiting, u get the stuff cheap, here electronics is expensive and there u get it alot cheaper so the little wait u can live with, or buy regular stuff in your nearest store but it wont be as cheap.. And ofc there will be complains, there isnt a store that sells global and big that has zero customers that complain but if u look overall most people are happy buying overseas, if u want stuff quick and easy u shouldnt buy from asia if u cant wait.

Last edited:

ru124t

I have purchased a lot of stuff from gearbest and have to tell you that they are quite simply awesome to deal with. When an item I ordered was not in stock, they offered me a refund and apologized for the mistake. They even gave me a 500 point bonus for this happening. I must admit the shipping is terribly slow when using the free option, but if you have ever ordered from China before, you will realize this is most always the case. They offer quicker shipping if you are willing to pay for it.

Glad to see the positive reports, if you don't mind waiting an extra week or more, I believe their prices are worth a wait. In Alaska it takes even longer for me to get what I order from anyone no matter where they are at, I'm still thousands of miles away from sellers of this kind of thing. Forget buying in Alaska at good prices, everything up here is 30 percent more across the board.

My bad not to first google them when wanting something fast to see they are in China and distribute most of their stuff through their Netherlands warehouse but at the same time, they seem to want to keep random first time buyers from knowing this until after they pay for their order. All that said and complained about, I expect my warning is sure to bring more customers than chasing any away because their prices are so good. Ordinarily, I would be willing to pay less and wait, just that I wanted the item much quicker.

Last edited:
Bad Gearbest Experience....!!! Buyer Beware...!!!

No aftersale support. Received tablet with bubbles on screen but have had no response. So beware of Gearbest. I will stick with ebay.
It may be a bit more expensive there but your 100 percent guaranteed there...!!!

No aftersale support. Received tablet with bubbles on screen but have had no response. So beware of Gearbest. I will stick with ebay.
It may be a bit more expensive there but your 100 percent guaranteed there...!!!

I have had no issues with GB. I have purchased quite a few things from them. I have also bought from Fast Tech, Mini in the box, Deal Xtreme as well. As far as customer service GB has the best. I had one of my purchases get sent back to them because of a mistake. They put the wrong address. When I let their lpf rep know about it she put a new order in right away and upgraded my shipping to 7 day and i got it in 4 days.

I have gotten a prize from them for their fathers day giveaway. Yes it is a 301 laser but you know some thing for under 10 bucks its a good little laser. I have two one in 532nm and one in 650nm. They are good starting out lasers. They also offer up to lpf members products to review. I my self have done several for GB. So you had a bad experience with GB. Did you ever contact their LPF rep and see if any thing could be done about it. I know if you sent Kathy their rep she would do her best to fix any issues. Their prices are really pretty good considering other drop ship sites want more that what they are asking.

So before you go writing a bad experience with GB see what can be done about it.

p.s. If you have not done a welcome thread please do so. and if you would please put your state or something about were your from. if not many here will not give you the time of day. other than that welcome to LPF

Last edited:
Gearbest is a hit or miss with me. I've gotten packages shipped after a months time. One item was out of stock but the site never shows that information and they never contacted me. The other I paid extra for faster shipping and it still took around a month when it was supposed to arrive in 5 days so just food for thought.

if u paid with paypal just start a claim u will get money back to 99% paypal takes that serious.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
So far I've had good luck with them on previous orders. :)
I just ordered a couple of flashlights for hosts a few days ago; their site shows them as shipped already, with a photo of my package sitting on a scale.
I don't expect any issues, but if there are any problems, I'll post the details.

gozert

Even though they may be based in The Netherlands, it still took them over a month to deliver me my stuff.

diachi

I've seen good reviews, however, my order just shipped today and it was placed 21 days ago on June 4th. Seems like a long wait for something to ship out and as far as I know it was in stock when I placed the order.

Also, apparently it's going by "Sweden Surface Mail" ...

Anyway, I can't *really* write a review until the order shows up!

Their prices are so low, I don't see how they can run a business which is top notch in both price and quick delivery, they would have to keep too much stock to be able to do that every time, all the time. Not to mention the extra people it takes to make sure things get done quick due to the demand from low prices. I don't think they can do it with the variety of things they sell, so you get hit and miss service. Up the prices and they can afford to do better, but then orders drop off..

Last edited: