Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GE PLC-- wth is this thing--

This came in to our resale shop the other day- aside from the obvious -- what is it- what does it do? there are some on EEKBay at widely varing prices some maybe newer IDK- this one does power up and it may go on line FS However if you want it make me an offer. fire away!!(ps the $$ goes to the animal shelter--not me.)
GE Programmable Logic Controller -
is in a nice carrying case- my batt died after one pic, but I can take moar and post if you want.. I can bring it to SELEM V if that helps any-

Attachments

• GE solution one thingy 002.jpg
    GE solution one thingy 002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 481
Last edited:

A quick GOOGLE found this:
GE Intelligent Platforms - PLC - Series 90-30

... looks like a programmable controller to control machines.

high speed packaging, material handling, complex motion control, water treatment, continuous emissions monitoring, mining, food processing, elevator control, injection molding, and many more.

Also that top double row of switches (*16* switches per row), and the panels in the lower left (from your picture), looks OCTAL ( digits 0 thru 7 ); common for machine controllers.

EDIT: Maybe at SELEM you can program it to sling CHILIBURGERS for you!
:)
"I'll take one Hakzaw Chiliburger, please, Mr Machine! And fries and a coke!"

Last edited:
Not to sound like a jerk..but its a Programmable Logic Controller as JBtex said, its generaly used to control functions of an assembly line and is programmed using Ladder logic.

Think of an assembly line that sends the same number of parts down two different parts of the same line, you start up the line and as each item passes a counter (laser/proxy/magnetic/whisker switch), when the counter reaches 10 the PLC switches a relay causing a solinoid to move a paddle to re-route the flow of items, then when 10 more go past the sensor the paddle go to the previous position and repeats, theres other applications, such as trafic lights, making sure something doesn't get over filled with a a product, or making sure a device doesn't over travel, as well as including safety features.

Thanks for the props madmac, for a second I was freaking out at the thought of ever having to program a PLC that involved the phrases "boolean" and "8-bit" then to top it off ladder logic, then you included a pic of of a LL diagram from either a drawing or a pc program, which confused me, since I didn't recall seeing a screen that would display the ladder.

Interesting. I've never seen a GE PLC. I've only ever dealt with Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLC's. :thinking: Wonder what software the logic runs on....

Edit: duh, I just read madmacmo's post above about logic.

Last edited:
So in other words...

anchor.jpg

....any parts worth scrapping it for?

vk2fro

And replace the leds with optocouplers and assorted SSR's and high power IGBTs, and actually control stuff with it (like your landing gear, spoiler hydraulics, and a wing mount 60W CO2) ;)

if you have a good quantity of them you could try to sell them to Astro Controls, Quality Switchgear, or Circuit Breaker Sales Co. all these companies are in texas. and all deal with circuit breakers and motor control. you can google all of them easily. but they wont just buy 1.

michael.