Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

GB: Low Cost 15K Scanner Galvo Set with DMX & ILDA Complete - $75 **ARRIVED**

TTerbo

Re: GB: Low Cost 15K Scanner Galvo Set with DMX & ILDA Complete - $75

If your going to get a dac, your cheapest best bet is the RIYA Multibus Lite ($150) and its from Dr lava. Its what i use and its pretty good.
I also bought spaghetti lasershow software for $100 which is an alright lasershow maker.

Last edited:

So if we got this Galvo Set, The RIYA Multibus Lite, Software, A laser
Is there anything else that would be needed?

If your going to get a dac, your cheapest best bet is the RIYA Multibus Lite ($150) and its from Dr lava. Its what i use and its pretty good.
I also bought spaghetti lasershow software for $100 which is an alright lasershow maker.

So if we got this Galvo Set, The RIYA Multibus Lite, Software, A laser
Is there anything else that would be needed?

Well the laser will need a driver with either TTL or analog modulation. Also, you may want an aluminum case for the entire set up.

Depending on how the galvos come, you may need to tune them (you can find tutorials on it).

Will this do the trick. Just starting off cheap...
150mW Industrial Red laser dode module/TTL [OLGLM150] - $28.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Pretty Sure it already comes with a driver
Well the laser will need a driver with either TTL or analog modulation. Also, you may want an aluminum case for the entire set up.

Depending on how the galvos come, you may need to tune them (you can find tutorials on it).

Will this do the trick. Just starting off cheap...
150mW Industrial Red laser dode module/TTL [OLGLM150] - $28.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

Pretty Sure it already comes with a driver

That should work, but red is so weak, especially only 150mW of it. If I were you, I would recommend getting a flexmod (so that you could use it for any laser, and will have analog modulation), or else a TTL green.. since even 10mW of green will be more visible than that. (See "Equivalent Brightness Ratings" in Sam's Laser FAQ: Sam's Laser FAQ - Diode Lasers)

Edit, since these galvos are slow, even this simple driver would work on a green module, and 10k TTL isn't that bad for 15k galvos: http://cgi.ebay.com/Constant-curren...ultDomain_0&hash=item53e7b7cc52#ht_825wt_1139 and http://www.o-like.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=15

I have used the O-like one on one of my green lab style modules and it worked decent on my 30k galvos for quite some time, but stopped working for some unknown reason.

Last edited:

When you say any laser could I just buy any(Phr, Loc, A140...) diode hook it up to that driver(FlexModP3) and I'm good to go?

I'm assuming that the diode would require some extensive heatsinking, though. Laser scanners can run for a pretty long time while doing a show. :thinking:

When you say any laser could I just buy any(Phr, Loc, A140...) diode hook it up to that driver(FlexModP3) and I'm good to go?

Well yes, but you do have to set the max current on the driver (I have personally never used the driver yet though.) Also, you could even use the driver for a green module. (I believe.. someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited:

yes, the flexmod is the bomb. It's my favorite driver to use when space allows it. So many cool features. It won't even power on if you have the diode hooked up wrong :D

Well yes, but you do have to set the max current on the driver (I have personally never used the driver yet though.) Also, you could even use the driver for a green module. (I believe.. someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

Cheap green modules usually don't take to analog modulation well, at least that's what I've heard. You could try it, but those modules won't lase over a wide a range as a simple diode will. True analog green modules are usually temperature controlled (with a TEC) to keep the crystal set at the best temperature for the widest range of lasing. Edit: Plus some will have optical feedback, to regulate and keep the output nice and smooth.

I would think a cheap green module running on a flex would still be better than a TTL green module though, I can't say for sure because I've never tried though!

A microboost can be modified to accept a TTL input as well.
http://laserpointerforums.com/attac...ooking-1w-driver-ttl-445nm-ttl_microboost.pdf

Last edited:

Seeing as I'm doing this on the cheap wheres the best(and cheapest) place to get a 50mW TTL green?

I got a correction amp from drlava and set it up with a usb sound card without any problems. Having the scope really helps in setting the levels up, a multimeter just isn't fast enough.

I got a correction amp from drlava and set it up with a usb sound card without any problems. Having the scope really helps in setting the levels up, a multimeter just isn't fast enough.

How well does that setup work? I bought a correction amp/ usb soundcard setup that was built by james over at PL. I just got it yesterday in the mail, so Im starting to try to figure it out now.

Hey TTerbo did you contact him directly on his site you have to buy some software also...

Also, so far the poll is tied. Someone be a tie breaker!!