Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Gas Lasers Forum?

iewed

Does anyone else think that there should be a gas lasers forum? It's not the most popular of topics, but it would centralize all the posts about HeNe's, Argon's, CO2's, etc.

iewed said:
Does anyone else think that there should be a gas lasers forum? It's not the most popular of topics, but it would centralize all the posts about HeNe's, Argon's, CO2's, etc.

I think you may be onto something here - Instead of sections based on color, how about say a Diode lasers section, a DPSS laser section, and a gas laser section?

There's really no difference between a red and a bluray laser build besides wavelength and diode current, so it would make more sense to group them together and keep a separate section for all things related to gas lasers and such.

Main reason I suggest this is to keep clutter down - Just adding section after section tends to create dead spots

We used to have a medical and gas lasers section, it only ever got something like 6 posts the entire time it was up.

diachi

pseudolobster said:
We used to have a medical and gas lasers section, it only ever got something like 6 posts the entire time it was up.

I think I remember that :-?

Anyway, more people are getting interested in gas lasers. I can think of 4 or 5 people off the top of my head.

So I think it's a good idea.

-Adam

I say add the gas section and keep the color sections. If we group all of the sections by type it won't be as organized and easy to get to for the new members that actually put time into searching before asking. I like going to the blu-ray section for blu-ray info and to the red section for info on diode reds, I don't think all diode lasers should be in the same section.

Back to the gas lasers, I think it would be a great idea to add this section. This will help keep some HeNe threads alive so they don't get lost in the red section. The medical lasers board was only meant for lasers that save lives IIRC.

I dont think there was ever a gas section...

I remember the medical section..... haha... ;D ;D

I still cant believe the science and lasers section is still up.... it brings a tear to my eye. When I suggested it I thought it would die in a few weeks like the medical section.

Anyway, back on topic.

A bout 6 months ago this topic came up and I was against it. I figured that the 'color' forums covered all the colors of gas lasers, plus the blue/yellow/misc colored forum covered anything else.

NOW I agree that there should be a gas laser forum. There are just so many things which could be posted there, including the electronics of gas lasers, troubleshooting your gas laser, "i'm getting my first gas laser, what should i watch out for?", and other things like that.

I say put it up and see what happens. It's not like it will hurt anything if it doesn't work out. It can always be taken down :cool:

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I created the Gas lasers section. If it doesn't get enough posts worst case we can move everything somewhere else

Enjoy!

BTW anyone want to help on description for this forum?

GooeyGus said:
I dont think there was ever a gas section...

I remember the medical section..... haha...  ;D ;D

I still cant believe the science and lasers section is still up.... it brings a tear to my eye. When I suggested it I thought it would die in a few weeks like the medical section.

Anyway, back on topic.

[highlight]A bout 6 months ago this topic came up[/highlight] and I was against it. I figured that the 'color' forums covered all the colors of gas lasers, plus the blue/yellow/misc colored forum covered anything else.

NOW I agree that there should be a gas laser forum. There are just so many things which could be posted there, including the electronics of gas lasers, troubleshooting your gas laser, "i'm getting my first gas laser, what should i watch out for?", and other things like that.

I say put it up and see what happens. It's not like it will hurt anything if it doesn't work out. It can always be taken down  :cool:
i think that was me :-[

c0ldshadow said:
I created the Gas lasers section.  If it doesn't get enough posts worst case we can move everything somewhere else

Enjoy!

BTW anyone want to help on description for this forum?
Uhhh, how's this?

"For discussion of HeNe, Argon, CO2, and all others gas lasers"

"For discussion of HeNe, Argon, CO2, and all other gas lasers"

Fix'd.

GREAT SUGGESTION, has my Chuck seal of approval.

Good thing it's already created :)

styropyro said:
[quote author=Niko link=1238065935/0#11 date=1238167752]
"For discussion of HeNe, Argon, CO2, and all other gas lasers"

Fix'd.

GREAT SUGGESTION, has my Chuck seal of approval.

Good thing it's already created :)
oops. :-[ +1 rep for the correction. ;)[/quote]

Haha, man, it was meant to be taken as a joke :p

But thanks! Rep is always appreciated :)

I really do not know why I didn't think of that section before, I always read daguin's signature (rainbows = time to play with argon lasers) and I never had the idea.