Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Game: Guess the mystery object !

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You guys got it!:beer: A time lapse photo of fireflies.
The Lightning Stalker gets the win by 2 minutes.

Good job, +rep
You're up Lightning.

PS - Here's a pic of one of the individual "bioluminesce artists" who contributed to the photo.:D

5ca1d1c1-ce2e-48ff-a8f9-6e89ada28a81_zpscd0d1c6b.jpg

Last edited:

Fireflies are cool, until you squish 'em out of curiosity, then they stink.

For anybody wondering, I've not intentionally squished fireflies since I was a child, but the smell still haunts me. Glowing fingers was cool, though.

Living on the left cost my entire life, I have never seen such creatures. They are fascinating... ( i might smash a few to see how they work :thinking: )

Living on the left cost my entire life, I have never seen such creatures. They are fascinating... ( i might smash a few to see how they work :thinking: )
there are so many at my house that I can't walk out the door at night without walking through them. I can see them on the glass front door to my house every night during the summer.

Interesting lightning bugs. The only ones I've seen light up green. Some even light up red according to wikipedia.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yep, amazing bugs; we must be keeping the "exotic" yellow ones up here, in the north. I actually don't know if I've ever seen anything other than the yellow variety.

Here is some more cool photos of them. -link-

I'm still thinking about what that cable is used for and what the connection is called. I'm thinking it is some sort of proprietary cable since I'm having a hard time finding anything.

Here's something else to think about.

CdzhO1hl.jpg

Last edited:
Nope. If you had a 1" cube of lead and a 1" cube of the material in the photo, the lead cube would be heavier.

I'm still thinking auto what that cable is used for and what the connection is called. I'm thinking it is some sort of proprietary cable since I'm having a hard time finding anything.

Yes, it is proprietary. They were used briefly
by a certain manufacturer for a specific
purpose.

Was it used in the past 5 years? 10 years? I thought maybe a cable to provide a link between a head unit and CD changer in a vehicle. They don't seem to change very often though. It looks familiar to me. I've seen quite a few different cables since I worked on networking equipment for 4 years. Some proprietary and some not.