Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Game: Guess the mystery object !

Think also of the all the other clues, and which this one is a device of the second world war.

Edit: This device in particular (which appear in the photo) is a model used by the British military.

Well, I do not know how to help more, without revealing it :yabbem:

Last edited:

I would guess a stenograph type machine. I don't know really, the most puzzling part is the numerals on top. If it were blank or had letters as well, it would probably be easier to guess.

I would guess a stenograph type machine. I don't know really, the most puzzling part is the numerals on top. If it were blank or had letters as well, it would probably be easier to guess.

No, ok let's see.

This machine is intended to help the novice or untrained operators to compile messages from one language (English, for example) to other "type of language"

Edit: Well guys, I have to leave the game for today.

The object is called Morse generator, and is designed to help untrained operators to compile text or messages in Morse code.

Whoever wants to put something, go ahead.

Last edited:
OK this one might be easy if you are an astronomer. No hints because this is an easy one.

and2disk.jpg

Interesting, I was thinking it might be morse code, but there are no sequences of identical characters (dot/dash) longer than 5. So why have 6 and up numerals?

It's Andromeda.

This one's not usually found underwater, but it's the safest way I could think of taking it apart. Pretty easy but quite interesting.

yvCBQl.jpg

Full Size

Last edited:
No, ok let's see.

This machine is intended to help the novice or untrained operators to compile messages from one language (English, for example) to other "type of language"

Edit: Well guys, I have to leave the game for today.

The object is called Morse generator, and is designed to help untrained operators to compile text or messages in Morse code.

Whoever wants to put something, go ahead.

I was about to say its something to do with morse code but didnt want to sound stupid. :p

CB it would appear you are taking apart a Lipo battery...

Indeed it is - it was a bad cell in a 3S pack, so I removed it, and my curiosity ended up getting the better of me. Nothing obviously wrong with it from the outside, except it was a little fatter and felt like there was a small amount of gas in it.

Your turn...

I recommend sand instead of water next time, but at least with water (and a nice, large amount of it too, I might add) you can see possible gasses escaping and whatnots.

Last edited:
I recommend sand instead of water next time, but at least with water (and a nice, large amount of it too, I might add) you can see possible gasses escaping and whatnots.

I'd already discharged it completely - opening a cell which has been overcharged under water would be a bad idea, there might some metallic lithium, but when they're completely discharged it's safe to open them under water - I wasn't certain of the chemistry though, hence gloves and plenty of water. Sand's the best way of putting out a LiPo fire but I just wanted to see what was inside.