Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Galaxy Note 10+ Broken Power Button

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
That's a good idea, self repair doesn't always go as smoothly as it does in the videos... ;)

Last phone I attempted to self repair, I ripped a ribbon cable. :( At least that one was a budget phone that was years old and already damaged. Don't want to risk a really expensive one like this.

Worst case it could end up like the infamous sculpture. :LOL:

disaster.jpg

Last phone I attempted to self repair, I ripped a ribbon cable. :( At least that one was a budget phone that was years old and already damaged. Don't want to risk a really expensive one like this.

Worst case it could end up like the infamous sculpture. :LOL:

disaster.jpg
That is cringe-worthy! :ROFLMAO:

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Welp, a little update here. I took it to a repair shop and they wanted $450 to do the repair. Yeah, no thanks lol. Apparently they can't replace the button without replacing the whole screen and battery (their words). So I ordered a new button and am going to attempt the repair myself. 50% chance I ruin the phone, but hey, only spent $3.99 on the new button. :LOL: I'll post the results here (probably a destroyed Note 10+).

gazer101

Welp, a little update here. I took it to a repair shop and they wanted $450 to do the repair. Yeah, no thanks lol. Apparently they can't replace the button without replacing the whole screen and battery (their words). So I ordered a new button and am going to attempt the repair myself. 50% chance I ruin the phone, but hey, only spent $3.99 on the new button. :LOL: I'll post the results here (probably a destroyed Note 10+).

You sure you didn't walk into a genius dumbass bar by accident? Surely anybody with steady hands should be able to glue in a new button