Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G9 Lens Extraction! Will it work? or Fail?

SKeeZ

Hey guys,
I got my G9 Lens in the mail a minute ago but I'm still not at home. I will update with plenty of picture of the extraction process. Still to be determined if i make a mistake and waste $30. that would be a shame.

EDIT:
For the past two days, Tracking by USPS has said "on truck for delivery". It appears they have lost my lens.*ANGER* The carrier is going to get back with me today. but i think it might be lost forever. this really pisses me off as you may imagine.

Last edited:

Well good luck ,extraction process can you give a bit more detail?

sinner

It's not that hard, There are more chances of scratching the lens than breaking it.. Either way be precise and gentle , Steady hands should be kept at all times and no rush.. Good luck! :beer:

SKeeZ

Thanks sinner, I will wear gloves and not use metal tools. The extraction process involves removing the lens and heatsink from the 9mm diode (already done for me) and then taking the lens out of the heatsink.

Yeah good point i think i have stuffed up more things in my life because i was in a hurry and didn't get the proper tool and used something else ,because i wanted results right then patience grasshopper ......

NKO29

@stalker... They are marginally better than G2 lenses! You use them exactly the same as a focusing lens.

Ahh, okay. Sounds awesome. :lasergun: Now I'm curious. People are using these plano-convex lenses,
such as the focus objective from optical disc readers. I have a few of these and want to try this, but was
wondering if it matters which face goes toward the diode.

NKO29

Yes, it most definitely matters what side faces the diode lol. If it's the wrong way it simply wont make a beam.

DTR

video here:

Nice video but I would like to note that I don't recommend attempting to extract the lens from its retainer till it sat for 24-48 hours in Alcohol to soften the glue. The glue holds on real hard and often will crack the glass if it has not been softened first.

Does anyone offer the g9 lenses inside aixiz lens barrels?

You would not want to mount it in a Aixiz lens barrel. They are designed for 6mm triplet lens sets. A 6.3mm can be wedged in the top but it has no way to center it resulting in a crooked beam and it could crack when you tighten the retainer on it as the cavity is not the right shape to hold it.:beer: