Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

G2 Lens Supplier-ONLY $7 per lens

GSS

Left to right: 11mm focal lenght M9x05, G2,G7, Lens holder/diode holder.
Hey Issac Clark, oh oh my bad I mean Solomon:whistle:
where did you source these lens pic's??
I see a 3 element, maby a G2 and a copper module with a diode:undecided:
Are you kidding:can:

Bye the way any news on the secret material you claim that has 4X's the cooling capacity of copper or something of that nature?

Last edited:

Hey Issac Clark, oh oh my bad I mean Solomon:whistle:
where did you source these lens pic's??
I see a 3 element, maby a G2 and a copper module with a diode:undecided:
Are you kidding:can:

Bye the way any news on the secret material you claim that has 4X's the cooling capacity of copper or something of that nature?

Hi, GSS,
Copper is #1 in heat transfer bare none and aluminum is better to wick the heat to air ratio. Fact .. No other material is better than CU or AL except for silver .
The only reason that AL wicks to air better than CU is of its low density. Fact....
Surly these are the best. and don't call me Shirly

Rich:)

Last edited:
I took the pictures myself. yes the last lens is a focal length of 11mm, not total length, focal length. It works much much better than the three element lenses.

The G7 I have acquired is a 6.3mm focal length, so a little different.

Naw, don't feel like telling you about the supermaterial, I have spent countless hours of research on it and have been in contact with technical reps GSS, I told lifetime though...

diachi

I took the pictures myself. yes the last lens is a focal length of 11mm, not total length, focal length. It works much much better than the three element lenses.

If the EFL is 11mm then it's not a G2... The G2 has an EFL of ~4mm.

The G7 I have acquired is a 6.3mm focal length, so a little different.

Naw, don't feel like telling you about the supermaterial, I have spent countless hours of research on it and have been in contact with technical reps GSS, I told lifetime though...

Your secret super material is commercially available graphite sheeting produced by Panasonic, no?

:thinking::thinking:

Last edited:
11 mm focal length is not a G2 or a G7. Also, that long of a focal length won't pass all the light from some multimode laser diodes, causing more loss than a 3 element lens.

Hi, GSS,
Copper is #1 in heat transfer bare none and aluminum is better to wick the heat to air ratio. Fact .. No other material is better than CU or AL except for silver .

Diamond is a better material in terms of head conduction. Other properties who caries LOL Lasers "in the sky with diamonds" :na:

diachi

Diamond is a better material in terms of head conduction. Other properties who caries LOL Lasers "in the sky with diamonds" :na:

Specifically natural diamonds, IIRC.

Good luck machining a decent sized heatsink out of diamond though. :D

Are you in China or Arizona? Can I call you, or Skype with you or any other video messaging program? I think you are probably just someone fairly new to laser optics and are looking to make a buck, nothing wrong with that, except you should know your stuff if selling to this crowd, some of them know theirs.

Did anyone mention Thor-ium?
Just saying..... :whistle:
Hi Andrew,
Thorium is a radioactive element second to Uranium and has a Half life of 14 Billion years. Thats about as old as the universe so i think well not good. It also starts to decay soon as the air hits it and has a very unstable isotope . I thought you said something about this element in this thread so i went back and reviewed it. Look it up pretty interesting element ..

Hi Andrew,
Thorium is a radioactive element second to Uranium and has a Half life of 14 Billion years. Thats about as old as the universe so i think well not good. It also starts to decay soon as the air hits it and has a very unstable isotope . I thought you said something about this element in this thread so i went back and reviewed it. Look it up pretty interesting element ..

Yes, a very interesting element Rich,
but my comment was tongue in cheek. :shhh:
Besides, here in Australia we only use yellowcake....

:crackup:

Hi Andrew,
LOL .. Never the less still interesting reading awesome buddy.