Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FYI - Cheap 532nm Goggles

Y

yew.sir-name

guess thats the steel plate goggles out the picture then, would of been nice to have a wide band of coverage though instead of having to buy ones for different wavelenths. nevermind. but i got a reply from the other company

The OD is higher,the price would be higher than our standard products.The SD-1 with style1 of OD7+ is 38USD per unit.The price is not include the shipment charge.
yours sicerely
bbleee

yet no info on postage, i've decided i'm gonna go with that company anyway and get the 80's glasses once i get postage info. $30 for od4 will do me nicely

Aseras

od4 is good. you can still see the spot. My glasses are all od6 or greater, and sometimes unless the surface is reflective or very bright, it's hard to see the dot at all, especially at a distance. Even with a 300mw+ greenie, I find myself peeking to find the damn laser, and that is dangerous.

Y

yew.sir-name

finaly i have been replied to

Hi
It is my pleasure to write to you!
Yes,$40 not include the shipping, Yes, thsy can protect you eyes from injure by their lasers whose wavelength between 450 to 680nm,the optical deesith is 3(O.D=3),what's your VLC meaing? sorry for I didn't know.
any question please don't hesitate to contact with me.
Best regards!
Bridge

and

accoding to the undertake your choiceed.The DHL ,FedEX and TNT is OK.The price you can see on their wbsite.

so $30 plus shipping for my 80's funks or $40 plus shipping for the 'steel plates' with a pretty low od rating.

how badly could i damage my eyes using a 200-300mw laser with od3 glasses?

Aseras

od3 is good enough protection for anything below a watt.

remember the glases are for stray reflection and accidental exposure, they aren't made to protect you from a direct hit or intentional exposure. they are they to give you time to blink and get the hell out of the way if something happens.

Y

yew.sir-name

stray reflection and accidential exposure is what i had in mind, nice one for the info. now all i need is fidy dollar.

S

SenKat

I have heard of the seller - and you risk EVERYTHING if you buy anything from him ! He sells CRAP, falsly advertises, and I would not buy anything from him, personally.

I purchased a module from him and it was fine.   I dont really want to risk my eyes so I will just buy some googles from wicked or nova.

S

SenKat

Glad you got lucky, man - but someone else who bought a module supposedly 250mw was barely able to hit 100 IIRC - maybe it was closer to 70mw ? I can't recall right now though :(

R

R._Morris

Gazoo said:
and secondly because there is no IR to worry about with a red laser. If I had a high powered green laser, then it would be a different story.
Really? Learn something new every day.
I've been worried about that with the mod I'm putting together.
So I don't need to worry about filtering IR at all with the 650nm diodes?

S

SenKat

OKC_Kat -

Nope ! there is ZERO IR present in red diodes...now, if you were working with Red DPSS - THAT woud be a different story !

G !

i was gonna say that. I think you meant DPSSFD (Diode Pumped Solid State Frequency Doubled) red which would be interesting.
A regular laser diode is DPSS. A special LED pumps a lasing cavity / material, all of which is solid state. As opposed to a full size gas laser.