Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fuzzy beam... Whats wrong?

Usually caused by dirty lenses and reflections from the beam on the walls of the interior of the host. They're more noticeable because the laser makes their appearance sharp. Try cleaning the lens with isopropyl alcohol and a soft cloth or cotton swab.

Yes... I cleaned the lens both inside and out with alcohol and a swab... But I'm afraid to clean the lens directly on the diode.... I'm afraid of alcohol getting down in the works.... I added a picture of the lens I'm afraid of cleaning.

Then just use a dry microfiber cloth and fold it so you get a nice corner/point. Get it to touch the window, and use circles to clean it...

Keep laser/lens in a dry place. Going from hot to cold or vis versa will cause fog on the glass... Dust or smoke can fog the glass also. Try to keep smoke from hitting your laser and its lens...

Its prob just your crystals coming out of place though or setting in...

Last edited:
I have some camera lens cleaning wipes somewhere..... I'll try cleaning the lens and will let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

Jdjd96

Yea my laser was introduced to smoke. I took the lens off and it looks like this on the diode. I don’t know how to attach an image though. :mad:

Are you aware that this Thread is 5 years
old....:thinking:
That is called necroposting and is frowned
upon by the Forum community..

It would be nice if you introduced yourself
in the Welcome section for new members and
told us a little about your self. It would also be
helpful to the Forum members if you included
your Global location in your Member Profile.

Jerry