Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

funiest/stupidest thing youve done with your laser

diachi

Re: funiest/stupidest thing youve done with your l

:eek: Cancer Gun :eek: People are gonna be getting some hell of a sun tan :p

tomcat

the pulse time is about a few nanoseconds but i have a very high rep rate ( a few khz) so its equliv to 500mw cw inc all of the pulse usin sine maths and it burns ski n like a son of a bitch ( made a nice tan tatoo though hurt about same as a tat) +1 for skin cancer because almost 100% is absorbed at that frequency i first made a tinfoil one that got reprates of about 320hz but i use real caps now that will run to 42kv and i have a 200ma @ 21kv charger powersupply (uses 24amp at 1phase 230v!) my carbonised rails are fucked from using em for railgun experiments

now shooting things with railgun i have a story... shot a aluminium flechette i made ( 9grams 1cm long) and it went into a pure plasma streak that half vaporised a apple at a lower power it shot what was left of the slug through the apple and a bulletproof plastic sheet and the plasma left a aluminium oxide coating everywhere it was a brilliant sky blue plasma... my parents were however quite red when it sounded like the house had a nuke bomb going off every 10 minitues or so... took it to skool (thats a science project beats vinegar volcano everyday) and put a better tungsten slug i found and shaped then coated in graphite aluminium foil through 5 bricks and scorched the first brick with a 6 foot plasma prominition that was 2 years ago when in y11 (last year) got shitloads of help from father...

kid"hey hydro can i see your laser"
hydro--"NO"
kid-- "I'll let you see my airsoft g-u-n"
hydro--"well ok, hey wtf are you doing!!!!!" LOL

--hydro

Switch

tomcat said:
the pulse time is about a few nanoseconds but i have a very high rep rate ( a few khz) so its equliv to 500mw cw inc all of the pulse usin sine maths and it burns ski n like a son of a bitch ( made a nice tan tatoo though hurt about same as a tat) +1 for skin cancer because almost 100% is absorbed at that frequency i first made a tinfoil one that got reprates of about 320hz but i use real caps now that will run to 42kv and i have a 200ma @ 21kv charger powersupply (uses 24amp at 1phase 230v!) my carbonised rails are fucked from using em for railgun experiments

now shooting things with railgun i have a story... shot a aluminium flechette i made ( 9grams 1cm long) and it went into a pure plasma streak that half vaporised a apple at a lower power it shot what was left of the slug through the apple and a bulletproof plastic sheet and the plasma left a aluminium oxide coating everywhere it was a brilliant sky blue plasma... my parents were however quite red when it sounded like the house had a nuke bomb going off every 10 minitues or so... took it to skool (thats a science project beats vinegar volcano everyday) and put a better tungsten slug i found and shaped then coated in graphite aluminium foil through 5 bricks and scorched the first brick with a 6 foot plasma prominition that was 2 years ago when in y11 (last year) got shitloads of help from father...

I don't know if I would want 500mW of UV anywhere around my skin. :-/ Cool rail gun experiment, do you happen to have videos or photos.

Here's one to share.

When the DX 90mW Flashlight style laser was "the shit" and you were cool if you had one, everyone was getting 30mW version's. I feared I too would get a 30mW version, well I received not a 30mW version, a higher powered one (i cant say it was a full 90mW, maybe 70 or 80.). In fear that my laser was a 30mW i took it apart, i noticed it didnt have the weird pink label that everyone else's had who's was a 30mW. I was relieved. I tried to put it back together and it wouldn't go back. Unless I glued it, my laser was a case with a bunch of loose parts. So while i had it apart i decided to turn the pot just a tad bit, I did and there was no green, only IR, so I turned it back....still nothing, i turned it some more. Before i knew it I lost track of how much i turned it, which direction? for how long? i probably turned it 50 times or so lol, I dont even know.

So, long story short, I was shipped a good version of the laser, and ruined it. Fortunately I got a refund.

Switch said:
Fortunately I got a refund.

Scammur! ::)
well... my excuse was that it wasn't putting out 90mW like it should have, so i took it apart to see what was wrong.. lol

Switch said:
[quote author=tomcat link=1208072976/84#95 date=1215222653]well i will put my TEA laser back together how does ~500mw of 337nm sound for shooting at aircraft / people / animals :p
and i did not get immediately flamed.. this place has changed a bit (for the better)
Not to bad actually assuming it only works in really short pulses, or in the best case scenario really slow pulse rate.It will probably do nothing to planes since it's invisible, though shining at people or animal directly might cause cancer  ::)[/quote]

"The last words on any sentence typed by Switch may always be "Cancer"." -Niko

Switch

Just trying to spread out cancer awareness ;D Or awareness of cancer :p