Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fun in the garden...520 and white light! *PIC HEAVY*

sinner

Errggh.. 15mW 520nm That sucks man, On the other hand your camera makes it up for it.. I am overwhelmed, Thanks Gismo and Ant, for your kind words sometimes i myself cannot believe i made that :thinking:

:beer:

ALL your pictures are incredible... but

:wave: Thats just so beautiful... the water looks like 3d rendered for me. Actually if it were a couple pixels bigger I would use it as a wallpaper... I found it great!
Seriously I need a camera that does HDR. Its a great function...

Glad you liked it!:) Send me a PM with your email address and Ill send you a higher res version. I could make it 4 or 5 MP which should be easily detailed enough for a screen without being too large, or graphics intensive.

HDR can theoretically be done with any camera that has a light meter, or exposure controls. All you have to do is take between 3 and 7 shots ie -2 -1 0 1 2 and then combine these to a HDR in a program like photoshop. There are even apps for mobile phones that enable you to do this as well. ;) :beer:

Errggh.. 15mW 520nm That sucks man, On the other hand your camera makes it up for it.. I am overwhelmed, Thanks Gismo and Ant, for your kind words sometimes i myself cannot believe i made that :thinking:

Yup I think its safe to say you have a group of MS dedicated followers, eagerly awaiting the next masterpiece! ;) That reminds me, when will you be making all copper versions and will you do re-runs of previous models any time; notably the V1 and V4's ;) :wave:

Very nice photos! I love the pl520 and 532 compararison, it really shows the color difference. +1 :beer:

Thanks! Im very happy with the way it turned out. Whats your bet on the wavelength? ;) :beer:

Last edited:
Does it really look like that in person?
I mean, the beam should be barely visible from the side without a lot of fog or a huge exposure. Also the 532nm looks slightly greener (as opposed to very slightly yellowish) in your pics than mine look IRL.

If it really looks like that you've certainly hit the jackpot and got your hands on a 500nm < WL < 510nm laser. Probably worth $$$$.

Last edited:
^^^Well at 15 mW and 200 mA its not a very efficient diode so it probably wont be worth $$$. ;)

You dont actually need any fog if you use a long exposure and tripod. These were taken with a 25 second exposure in the middle of the night ie when it was quite dark outside. ISO here was 500 or 640(?) and f1.8 or 2 IIRC.

Here are some pics I took a while back. They also show the beams quite clearly and are long exposure shots:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/updated-new-photos-couple-beam-shot-pics-79200.html

Either case, if that 520nm looks as it does IRL as it does on my screen, that's a crazy wavelength

sinner

Yup I think its safe to say you have a group of MS dedicated followers, eagerly awaiting the next masterpiece! ;) That reminds me, when will you be making all copper versions and will you do re-runs of previous models any time; notably the V1 and V4's ;) :wave:

I simply love the way you put it, I simply admire the fellow hobbyists assures me that people have a taste, I have some V4's coming up next week.. In 18650 version, it will be a small run much like before.

I wish there was a way i could get them faster but copperheads and v5's are next.. Hopefully all V1's to V5's in copperhead and One of each version in All Copper..

Excellent news, I can't wait! All copper would be truly amazing...:drool: :pop:

^^^You seen this Gismo? :D ;) :beer:

Last edited:

gismo

Excellent news, I can't wait! All copper would be truly amazing...:drool: :pop:

^^^You seen this Gismo? :D ;) :beer:

oh-yes.gif

:wave:

^^^Well at 15 mW and 200 mA its not a very efficient diode so it probably wont be worth $$$. ;)

You dont actually need any fog if you use a long exposure and tripod. These were taken with a 25 second exposure in the middle of the night ie when it was quite dark outside. ISO here was 500 or 640(?) and f1.8 or 2 IIRC.

Here are some pics I took a while back. They also show the beams quite clearly and are long exposure shots:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/updated-new-photos-couple-beam-shot-pics-79200.html

I guess I just suck with photography XD

Maybe I should improve that. Will make my lasers look a lot better without spending top dollar on high powers :p

Hi guys just an update.

I finally got round to testing the diffraction grating AnthoT kindly sent me :thanks: and below are the results. I only measured, and based the calc, on the first order diffraction:

The measurement was taken at 5 m and 532 used to calculate the line spacing on the grating, as the value that was marked on it gave very odd values...? Apparently it had 13500 lines per inch, which should have given 531496.1 lines/m = spacing of 1.9 µm, but the actual calculated value was 207003.896 lines/m, which gave a spacing of 4.8 µm? Im guessing the value they gave on the grating was false...? :thinking:

Anyway the results:

532 - 55.40 cm
520 - 53.15 cm
405 - 42.50 cm

So with a line spacing of 4.8 µm from the 532 measurement:

The 405 laser gave.....409.1 nm or 409 nm
and the 520........wait for it......

510.6 nm ;) :beer:

Last edited: