Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: XML-2 Mag Shorty - 1000 Lumens!

jayrob

If you want your XML-2 Mag mod as short as it can possibly be, eliminate the side button switch... :cool:

MagShorty1.jpg

Mag%20XM-L%20T6%2011.jpg

MagShorty9.jpg

MagShorty8.jpg

MagShorty4.jpg

MagShorty10.jpg

Overall Length:

* Incan reflector (or aluminum reflector) - 5.800 inches.
* Rebel reflector - 6.350 inches.

Perfect size! :cool:

MagShorty11.jpg

Features:

* Your choice of Mag host color
* Latest XML-2 emitter :) (or if you want a different XM-L emitter, I can order it)
* McClicky forward clicky tail switch :D
* 3 Amp driver (mode choices)
* 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion cell
* Other options available (see pricing below)

Driver:

* The driver I'm using, is the 8 X AMC7135 V2 driver, which uses 380mA chips vs 350mA chips normally.

So it puts out 3 Amps... :)

I personally like the 2 mode configuration with memory. (high, medium) Or 3 mode. (low, medium, high) But I can configure the driver how ever you would like it per this configuration sheet:

Eveready 19.jpg

The beam is excellent...

MagShorty5.jpg

MagShorty6.jpg

Current readings (2 mode configuration): (High, medium)

Pretty much the same at the emitter as measured at the tail: (linear driver)

Measured at the tail: (battery current draw from a single, 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion)
* High - 3020mA's... Estimated run time - 2 hours! :)
* Medium - 890mA's... Estimated run time - Over 6 hours at over 300 lumens! :D

Pricing:

My price for one of these Mag shorty mods showing battery and charger options, is like so:

* Complete Mag Shroty build (let me know choice of Mag color - and mode configuration desired) - $199

Options:
* 6000mAh 32650 Li-Ion cell - $24
* WF-188 charger - $37
* Aluminum reflector - $15 (specify smooth or MOP)
* UCL glass lens - $10
* Rebel reflector - $25 (more work to size the emitter and post to 12mm 'smaller opening', plus more cost for the LED Maglite)

* Shipping - (based on shipping location and depending on how paid, etc...) PM for total...
beer.gif

Hope you like it! :D

P.S. Trusted seller?

You can read any one of my threads to see that I am a trusted seller. For example, in the case of my 2D sized 1000 lumen Maglite flashlight mod, please take a few minutes to read some of the buyer feedback that I have listed here: (to see that I am a trusted seller)
FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

Last edited:

Cool idea jay a bet dropping off that threaded ring you made and cleaning it up is a real choir. Looks good.

sinner

Awesome! :) As usual your work is very authentic Jay, Very thorough and thought through! :beer:

+1

jayrob

Cool idea jay a bet dropping off that threaded ring you made and cleaning it up is a real choir. Looks good.

Yes it's extra work to shorten both ends, but the size feels really cool in your hand.

Fits a coat pocket nice too...

Awesome! :) As usual your work is very authentic Jay, Very thorough and thought through! :beer:

+1

:thanks:

benmwv

How much for just the heatsink? I have an xml-2 emitter sitting here and I haven't decided what to do with it.

jayrob

I think I may have one thread over there...

How much for just the heatsink? I have an xml-2 emitter sitting here and I haven't decided what to do with it.

I can sell a heatsink for $38 plus shipping, but I need to know what driver so that I can size the driver cavity...

Just send me a PM! :beer:

jayrob

Just sharing some feedback I received from over at Candle Power Forums... Love it!!! :)

edeekeos said:
Hi Guys!

Just wanted to stop in here, and leave a little feedback for Jay. I just received my custom XML2 Mag Shorty this afternoon, and I'm stunned. It is beyond words how great this thing is. Awhile back, I contacted Jay about a custom build I wanted done, and he was more than willing to work with me. I wanted something a little different than a solid color. I found a 3D digital camo mag, at my local supermarket, and new it was the one. He said send it over, and he'd cut it down, get it all 'souped up'!! He wasn't joking. He put a BEAUTIFUL XML2 T6 3A on copper in it, and fed it roughly ~4amps of juice.
naughty.gif
Needless to say, this guy's a shiner now.

Despite not being able to put it down all day today, I managed to snap a few pics for you all. (I will post the first pic, click this link for the full album!) The first few pics are of the Mag shorty, then a couple beam shots. The first beam shot is a factory 2D XPG Maglite. I don't need to say it, but the second beam shot, is this MONSTER! That woods line is over 100M away!! WHOA! Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the work Jay has done, and would recommend him to anyone. :D

Cheers :beer:
RkCwXoY.jpg