Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Worthless piece of $hit

alright well we'll have to see, as soon as i get a reply from S-ky i will know what to do.

You could sell it on ebay for that.... it has all the safety features that your auction wouldn't get canceled, and, well, that's about par for ebay...

But seriously, I lol'd hard at this thread.

pseudolobster said:
You could sell it on ebay for that.... it has all the safety features that your auction wouldn't get canceled, and, well, that's about par for ebay...

But seriously, I lol'd hard at this thread.

repz for lolz?

But how could i get this sold on ebay, because none of that information was false (with the exception of the temple of doom info). I dont want to sell it for what its actually worth (like 4 and a half bucks, tops), because i spent 650 dollars on it!

laserterd said:
repz for lolz?

But how could i get this sold on ebay, because none of that information was false (with the exception of the temple of doom info). I dont want to sell it for what its actually worth (like 4 and a half bucks, tops), because i spent 650 dollars on it!

I was mostly lol'ing because of the fact I gave BF every benefit of a doubt, thinking maybe he is legit, he just f***s everything up all the time...

You could sell it on ebay for that...
Where "that" = $650... but that was a contrived attempt at excessive sarcasm which didn't translate well into text... meaning most lasers on ebay that go for $650 end up being 20mW. But yeah. I'm sorry for your loss, I hope either BF, skylasers, kenom, or someone makes this right for you...

drlava

was this the laser that had bad divergence and he the 'fixed' it? With the battery out, look in the aperature, do you see the lens there sitting nicely?

Chad

laserterd said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1216616523/0#7 date=1216624375]If you are truly looking to unload it, I'd love to try my hand at fixin it.  It's my dream come true.  Certainly can't afford $650 though  LOL

but seriously, folks. Kenom, I emailed s-ky, and they said it was likely that a concave lens inside the laser has come loose, reflecting the majority of the light into the side of the barrel, while only 19mw is escaping, and barely in beam form. If you think you could fix it, ill send it your way, and pay for shipping both ways. If s-ky emails me back saying theyll fix it free or replace it, ill just send it to them though.[/quote]

I'd love to give it a go as well... I've been wanting to see what these look like on the inside. And I've done this kind of thing before. </end shameless plug>

Seriously, though, work's been really slow lately, and I've got quite a bit of time on my hands that I have no idea what to do with. Flip a coin or something. :p

vcw

Did BlueFusion read this thead yet?
I bet he's ignoring this.

vcw said:
Did BlueFusion read this thead yet?
I bet he's ignoring this.

oh of course he is, no doubt.

And dr. lava, yeah this is the one.

No reply from S-ky yet though.

drlava

if the lens is all it is, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. If you're in the U.S. you can send it by me with $10 for return shipping and I'll give it the treatment.

Kenom

You can bet that lava has a better chance of fixing it that blue did. Pffft. Ok that's not even a fair comparison. A CHIMPANZEE would have an easier time fixing it than blue. Lava' is a shoe in.... lol.

drlava said:
if the lens is all it is, it shouldn't be too hard to fix. If you're in the U.S. you can send it by me with $10 for return shipping and I'll give it the treatment.
Do it laserterd! Dr. Lava has fixed up a bunch of S-KY units IIRC, so he should know how everything is put together.

Razako

Send it to Dr. Lave. He should be able to get it working right.

well if its so easy, can you just let me know HOW to do it? i dont want to risk it in the mail again...

How do you get it open? Thats the thing im trying to figure out. There arent any screws that i can see ATM, but its not with me right now, its at home. Ill think about sending it to lava. Just dont melt it down for the pure gold casing.

drlava

it's more than it, it could be one of about 12 different issues. It's better to let an experienced tech look at it than risking breaking it more trying to follow directions or trying to figure it out.

where do you live? Ill send it as soon as i can, unless its too much money, in which case itll take a little bit longer. Do i need to pay you to fix it? I dont wanna spend much more than 50 bucks total to get it fixed and back safely to me.