Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel C3 kit!

jayrob

Thanks for the review! :)

Oops...

I just added an option for these kits. And a few of my other similar size kits:

press%20fit%20heatsink%20design.jpg

arrcx, I sent your Stainless Steel C3 'Hot' option kit with copper press fit heatsink and 405-G-1 glass lenses today. (Thursday)

Also included, is your Stainless Steel 18650 'Hot' option kit and other items...

Hope your builds go well!

jayrob

Just send me a private message, or let me know your e-mail address...

Hey Jay,

Got everything in today.

Super fast shipping. Everything looks Great.

Thanks.:)

hey jay
i got 2 questions if you can help me.
will this host fit 2 CR2 batteries and will 2 CR2's be able to power a 445nm at ~1700mAh?
thanks

LaZeRz

The width of cr2's is 15mm's and the length is 27mm so unfortunately, no :(

Your probably better off with a Saik build *jay offers them* or any other large host :)

jayrob

hey jay
i got 2 questions if you can help me.
will this host fit 2 CR2 batteries and will 2 CR2's be able to power a 445nm at ~1700mAh?
thanks

LaZeRz's answer sums it up, but as far as fitting, it is possible to fit 2 X CR2's in the SS C3 host...

But there are a couple of different versions of the C3 out there. The earlier ones did not even fit a CR2 without being bored out a tad. It seems that the newer ones will fit them with no boring.

The one I have on hand, and just tested, will fit 2 of these: (shortest CR2 batteries that I have found - because there are different length batteries as well)
RCR2 Unprotected Rechargeable Lithium Battery

But it is so close, that you will need to use an 'o-ring' shield at the tail cap to keep the battery negative from touching the switch retaining nut.

But yes, they will fit...

Now, back to the other part of your question. Sounds like you are wanting to use a linear driver or a buck driver. In either case, the batteries will not perform very well with that current desired. (may not even be able to give that much)

But if they did, you will use up the capacity very quickly, and since the batteries are non-protected, you will either damage them, or possibly even have danger of fire or battery explosion.

So it is not recommended to try something like that combination for high power...

About the Saik kit LaZeRz mentioned, you can check it out here! :)
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/f...ons-including-32600-li-ion-battery-65982.html