Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel C3 kit!

jayrob

For a 445 build, you can get your diode pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on from daguin or DTR.

In that case, you will just connect your diode leads, to my driver leads... ('Hot' option kit)

SS%20C3%201.jpg

press fit heatsink design.jpg

SS%20C3%202.jpg

V5 FlexDrive Thermal Glued Option:

If you want to use a V5 FlexDrive, there is room to mount the driver inside the pill, thermal glued upside down as shown:

SS%20C3%203.jpg

You must specify when ordering the kit if this is your preference. I can do the 'Hot' option like this as well. Just let me know! :)

If just ordering a basic kit (no 'Hot' option), and you do not want the pill drilled, it will be $5 dollars less, because I do not have to take the pill apart and then drill it out. You will be removing your stock driver components, and installing your driver...

The pricing and options for the kit will be like so...

* SS C3 basic kit (with aluminum heatsink) - $46 (host/heatsink/drill the pill) Or subtract $5 dollars if you do not want the pill drilled. (I need to know your preference)
* Add 'Hot' option - $48 (let me know the current setting) Add $5 dollars for the V5 thermal glued 'Hot' option...
* Copper heatsink upgrade - $8
* Press fit heatsink design option - $7
* EzFocus adapter (if desired) - $20 (designed for fitting my 405-G-1 or 650-G-1 lenses)
* 405-G-1 glass lens assembly - $55
* 650-G-1 glass lens assembly - $52
* Shipping - $6 (based on PayPal fees plus postage)
* Shipping policy:
Shipping Policy

This build will use a 14500 rechargeable Li-Ion battery and a FlexDrive or Micro Boost driver! Either driver is available with the 'Hot' option at the same pricing. (battery not included)

Build tips:

You will need a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the heatsink set screw. (wrench not included)

If you just get the basic kit (host/heatsink/drill the pill), I will remove the brass ring and board from the pill, and drill out the top of the pill to open it up.

Or if you will be doing the V5 FlexDrive thermal gluing of your driver, then make sure you order the kit with the pill 'not drilled'...

Then you will be removing the driver components from the board, and soldering your positive and negative lead wires to the board. (use your DMM for testing)

You can mount your FlexDrive or Micro Boost driver into the pill. (I like to use strong ‘red’ double sided tape and mount it flat)

Just make sure that none of the contact points on the driver is touching any metal…

Battery position – Case negative. (negative end of the battery towards tail cap) 14500 Li-Ion rechargeable.

With the ‘Hot’ option kit, I will have the driver installed for you. With the current set to the agreed upon setting, and lead wires soldered onto the driver as well. Ready for you…

Last edited:

jayrob

viperx1101, I sent your SS C3 kit with copper heatsink yesterday. (Wednesday)

Hope you like it!

Jay,

So far in my DIY experience with lasers, I have ordered from many different individuals
and companies. You are by far the fastest to respond and then ship the product at
light speed!!! I am still gawking at the fact that I ordered this SS C3 kit from you on
Wednesday, and I have it on Friday. (especially since you live in California and I'm in Minnesota!!!)

And hopefully sooner than later I will be building this and will post pictures and a small review.

Thanks again for the great kit!!!

Last edited:

jayrob

Glad you like it! Looking forward to seeing your pics! :cool:

jayrob

hxdrummerxc, I sent your SS C3 'Hot' option kit with copper heatsink and 405-G-1 glass lens today. (Saturday)

Set at 400mA's per your request...

Hope you like it!

jayrob

Hey Glenn I sent your C3 kit with copper heatsink today. (Monday)

Hope you like it!

Hey Jay if you didn't read my pm's I said I sent you the 20$ for the aluminum heatsink + the 3$ for shipping

jayrob

Got you covered but I can't ship till Tuesday because I'm helping my buddy move early tomorrow and the Post Office closes at 12:30...

Monday closed...

Nice job Jay, as always.
It is true that I will not be making any heatsinks for quite a while.
These are great feeling and looking and very versatile hosts. The latest one I have bought will accept a CR2 battery witout modification, allowing for Jays 532 module mod. Add in Jays custom parts and I am sure it will be great.

Barry

jayrob

Thanks Barry! :)

Hey I know you have that Phaser from Pat with the first (flat) EzFocus adapter I made for Phasers...

Have you seen the new design?
phaser%2012X%20cone%205.jpg

phaser%2012X%20cone%204.jpg

phaser%2012X%20cone%206.jpg

jayrob

XCreedX, I'm sending your SS C3 Copper heatsink today. (Friday)

Thanks!

jayrob

scopeguy20, Hey Glenn I sent most of your stuff today (Tuesday) including the Stainless Steel C3 kit...

I'm still waiting on the latest lens order from AixiZ...

Hope I get them this week so I can send them to you before I leave for my camping trip... (8/15 - 8/22)

jayrob

mpmsfilho, I sent your SS C3 heatsink today. (Thursday)

Dark_Star, sending yours tomorrow...

Thanks!

jayrob

DTR, I sent your SS C3 kit, Key Chain CR2 Kit, and all extras today. (Monday)

Thanks!