Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: Stainless Steel 10440 Kit! - Awesome!

jayrob

I hear you... One of my favorite too! :cool:

Hi Jay, its been a busy week but I finally got time to assemble both of your little beauties. One in 405nm and the other in 635nm and You Are The Man:thanks:! These are really small compact and well, just plain beautiful man:)!! Thanks again for such fine products :bowdown:;)!!

Glad you like the kit! :)

Thanks for posting back... :beer:

Last edited:

Jay, since you have done several builds with this host I wonder if you can tell me if you think the clicky is able to handle 2 Amps?

If I can get my hands on an IMR 10440 (which is no easy task it seems) I'd like to construct a >1W 445 but I would need to know that the clicky will handle it.

It contacts the host using two tabs coming out of the clicky module. I'd want to make that contact more robust but I haven't got any good ideas for it.

Obviously gonna want to limit to a strict duty cycle for such a build. I think my first attempt with this host will be with a 635, I can use Li-Ion in that case (<1A)

Last edited:

jayrob

Jay, since you have done several builds with this host I wonder if you can tell me if you think the clicky is able to handle 2 Amps?

If I can get my hands on an IMR 10440 (which is no easy task it seems) I'd like to construct a >1W 445 but I would need to know that the clicky will handle it.

It contacts the host using two tabs coming out of the clicky module. I'd want to make that contact more robust but I haven't got any good ideas for it.

Obviously gonna want to limit to a strict duty cycle for such a build. I think my first attempt with this host will be with a 635, I can use Li-Ion in that case (<1A)

I have not tried it, but I would guess it would work fine not modified...

But I don't think you will find an IMR Li-Ion in that size. I would recommend 650mA's.

Or else get a little larger host, and use an IMR. See this one:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f64/fs-stainless-steel-rl-118-kit-62510.html

I have to get more of them. They are about 2 weeks out per my supplier...

Is this host weatherproof at all, or at least protected from rain for example? I'm really liking this kit, I'm looking at building/purchasing/paying someone to custom build a 445nm at around 20-30mw. I have a thread about it here, and will admit I have not read enough yet to know and understand about all the lens options and drivers and such.

Do you have any recommendations for a 445nm at around 20-30mw build? Or, how much would you charge to custom build it for me? :D
I am willing to pay more for better/best quality using ideal parts for best results, but again, I don't want anything high powered.

jayrob

Is this host weatherproof at all, or at least protected from rain for example? I'm really liking this kit, I'm looking at building/purchasing/paying someone to custom build a 445nm at around 20-30mw. I have a thread about it here, and will admit I have not read enough yet to know and understand about all the lens options and drivers and such.

Do you have any recommendations for a 445nm at around 20-30mw build? Or, how much would you charge to custom build it for me? :D
I am willing to pay more for better/best quality using ideal parts for best results, but again, I don't want anything high powered.

I can do the complete build minus the diode. I don't sell diodes. But you can get your diode from DTR pre-installed into an AixiZ module with lead wires soldered on. Also from daguin...

You might want to contact either one, and just ask if they might be willing to install their diode into my kit. In that case, I could sent my kit to them, you will complete your deal with them.

About the low power. These 445's start to lase at around 200mA's. I have a low power build in this SS10440 host set at 278mA's. And it is putting out 78mW's through O-like glass lens.

Just PM me for the kit! :beer:

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, but you missed the first question :p
Is hits host at all weatherproof, or water resistant?

Thanks

jayrob

Yes there are o-rings at every connection, making it water resistant, but I would not consider that to be 'water proof'...

Especially if you do a laser mod. Then the lens area is going to let water in.

Yes there are o-rings at every connection, making it water resistant, but I would not consider that to be 'water proof'...

Especially if you do a laser mod. Then the lens area is going to let water in.

hmmm, ok thanks. I'll check with DTR and/or daguin and see what we can work out.

i'd buy it, if only i knew how to build it with a blu-ray laser :( i suck at making things :(

I'm really tempted to build a series of these Trustfire A2 lasers: 405, 445, 532 (o-like module), and 635.

I feel like only the 445 (at high powers) will require IMR batteries.

It would be one hell of a little collection.

jayrob

Alright, so returning after a LONG break (2+ Years :tired:):

Had a few questions about this kit:

1. Do you still have an active source for these?

2. Do you have a quantity discount?

3. Could the wires in the "Hot" kit be left with some solder on the ends so it just needs to be melted to connect, rather than trying to get the right amount of solder?

Thanks! :san:

PS: I am back...PERMANENTLY :lasergun:

Yes I have these...

I do pre-tin wires on the 'Hot' option. But you would also need a pre-tinned solder tip with a small blob on there to solder to your diode...

Send me a PM! :beer:

jayrob

can this laser go up to 1.5W of power? :thanks:

Personally, since it is only a 10440 supply, I would keep it at maybe 5 or 600mA's max.

This is a great little host for a red, a 12X class 4 over 500mW's, or a low powered 445...

JayRob I'm kinda new on here I really like this host Im looking for my first blue
Laser what all is involved in this build how much would it cost to finish
Thanks Justin