Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: [SOLD] Dragon Lasers 589 nm, 50 mW Spartan hand-held

rvrh3

This beauty is one of my favorite lasers, and it hurts to let it go. Its incredible to see this tight yellow beam produced from such a small host, almost surreal. Who knows how long hand held lasers like these will continue to be produced, and right now CNI seems to be the only manufacturer on the planet that makes these for non-scientific or commercial or industrial applications.
I would keep it if I didn't have to spend so much money on treating medical issues, which take priority over my hobbies. Maybe I will look for another one in a few months once I also sell my race car.

This unit is in perfect condition, in form and function, as I have used it very sparingly and have handled it with much care.
I do not have an LPM so I'm not sure how much it outputs, but it seems much brighter than the 50mW rating.

Not only will you save money on the laser if you buy this from me (instead of directly from DL), but you won't have to worry about it making it through customs or waiting extra for the overseas shipping.

At this time I am willing to ship only within the USA.

Price: $340.00 USD shipped ($399.00 + shipping at Dragon Lasers)

Host up close detail sm.jpg

IMG-3397.jpg

IMG-3269.jpg

IMG-2972.jpg

IMG-2934.jpg

IMG-3088.jpg

589nm laser beam 3.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3269.jpg
    IMG-3269.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 589nm laser beam 3.jpg
    589nm laser beam 3.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 589nm laser beam 3.jpg
    589nm laser beam 3.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice laser and pics, beautiful wavelength; good luck on your sale! :)

Most of these DL 589nm Spartans have tended to be overspec, anywhere from a few mW to close to 100%; I'd bet yours is over the stated 50mW rating.

rvrh3

Nice laser and pics, beautiful wavelength; good luck on your sale! :)

Most of these DL 589nm Spartans have tended to be overspec, anywhere from a few mW to close to 100%; I'd bet yours is over the stated 50mW rating.

Thank you! it is indeed beautiful. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it was way over-spec. It's a shame I have to sell my treasures, but that's just the way life goes sometimes I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one later on.

Did I see a dove prism in your photos? I have many different prisms too. Good luck with your sale.

rvrh3

Did I see a dove prism in your photos? I have many different prisms too. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks!

One of those is a 90 degree prism, the other two are different sizes of what I wasn't too sure of (they unfortunately came unlabeled in a kit). I though they were retro reflectors of some kind (even though I'm clearly not using them that way in the picture), but I now that you mention the dove prism, they actually do invert the image 180 degrees. Although I normally thought of dove prism as having a larger flat top instead of just a few millimeters on these.
I got a kit from Optotronics recently to mess around with and learn a bit, but I was surprised to find that they were randomly selected and weren't labeled at all. On the bright side, it forced me to read up on them and try to figure it out.

Last edited:

Snecho

I'm sorry to hear you have to sell your things to cover medical expenses. A race car? What??
Do you have a Patreon instead?

rvrh3

I'm sorry to hear you have to sell your things to cover medical expenses. A race car? What??
Do you have a Patreon instead?

Yeah it sucks. Its several factors, but the medical is the factor that has impacted the most, recently. But it's cool, I'm sure I'll find another 589 in the near future.
As for the racecar, I called it that to emphasize that I'm not selling my sole mode of transportation, but more of a fun weekend car that I re-built the engine for and occasionally took to "Mexico". Its a fun and car but also a huge money pit, so it has to go.

Snecho

Ah well I understand. Seemed like an awesome project! Good luck with your sale. :)

Thanks!

One of those is a 90 degree prism, the other two are different sizes of what I wasn't too sure of (they unfortunately came unlabeled in a kit). I though they were retro reflectors of some kind (even though I'm clearly not using them that way in the picture), but I now that you mention the dove prism, they actually do invert the image 180 degrees. Although I normally thought of dove prism as having a larger flat top instead of just a few millimeters on these.
I got a kit from Optotronics recently to mess around with and learn a bit, but I was surprised to find that they were randomly selected and weren't labeled at all. On the bright side, it forced me to read up on them and try to figure it out.
A dove prism rotates the image through it twice every time you rotate the prism once. That is the easiest way to identify it. Look down the long axis.

He's likely subscribing to this thread. That way he gets notices when some one posts something new.