Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: SOLD: 170$ ~2W violet laser MM, host copper brass

GSS

Re: FS: 170$ ~2W violet laser MM, host copper brass

Maybe this "Yellow Copper" from Wikipedia. It looks a lot like what I would call brass. :yh:
Yup, I googled it also to death and thats what I came to think, or some type of cosmetic jewlery material?

For future reference, don't hold the LPM's sensor heat sink with your hand as it adds heat to the output reading. It looks to have about the same divergence as an M140 diode. Not great as 405nm lasers go. It is likely higher that 405nm too. Brass sounds right to me too.

this host is brass! not red copper! but i like brass than red copper

SOSDD

I’m interested if it’s still available. It would be nice to know the wavelength though.

Last edited:

Dang 2 violet watts, good luck with the sale.
Is it just me or is that module really tiny compared to the host?

Would be awesome with a beam expander in front of it.

What diode is this 2W 410+nm ??

Last edited:

SOSDD

I would like to purchase this. PM sent

For future reference, don't hold the LPM's sensor heat sink with your hand as it adds heat to the output reading. It looks to have about the same divergence as an M140 diode. Not great as 405nm lasers go. It is likely higher that 405nm too. Brass sounds right to me too.

holy crap Paul its funny you mention this. quite a while back when I first got my LPM i didnt know much about them or how they worked so the first week i had it i went to measured my Jetlaser but it was a tad dark in my room so I shined my Klarus XT2CR onto the sensor so i could see it better, well i had totally forgot that the sensor is Extremely sensitive to heat and my meter was going nuts! i thought i had broke it somehow untill i realized my 1600 Lumen flashlight puts out some serious heat and was making it shoot up past 500mws, i guess i know that my flashlight is at least 500mw :crackup:

Reactions: GSS

Yeah, if you want an accurate measure of your laser's optical power, you need to set the sensor up where it is stable in a holder of some sort. Then you need to put your laser in a clamp and adjust the beam to fall completely on the sensor. If some of the light is off the sensor you will not get an accurate measurement either. Once you have it set up properly, you zero your meter and start your measurement.

Last edited:

SOSDD

Ok my friend, payment sent. My address is in the PayPal note.

Thanks!!

Yeah, if you want an accurate measure of your laser's optical power, you need to set the sensor up where it is stable in a holder of some sort. Then you need to put your laser in a clamp and adjust the beam to fall completely on the sensor. If some of the light is off the sensor you will not get an accurate measurement either. Once you have it set up properly, you zero your meter and start your measurement.

oh yes my good sir :)